Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i DESPERATELY NEED help installing a jet 180 degree thermostat in my truck. i bought a stage 2 chip and it needs that thermo. I hope i didn't blow the chip. i uninstalled it until i get that thermo installed just in case. Some 1 please help me!!!! :hammer:

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
drain some raditato fluid. don't know how the 3.9 motor is but in mine follow the upper radiator hose to the engine. Then there is 2 bolts that you take out and then waalaa theres your thermostat. scrap off the old gasket put some gasket sealer on and the new gasket and therm.

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
dont forget to put the thermo in the correct way...ive seen many guys put it in upside down and wonder why their car is overheating...duhhh...and did you undo the negative cable from the batterie when you took out the cpu? there is a reason for that...and it has to do with surging when the positive is removed and reconnected...it also removes static electricity from your body when you ground yourself.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was thinking about having this guy install the thermo, i dunno if i trust myself to fuck w/ that crap, ya know. and besides the guy knows what he is doing, he has a 4.7 durango and did that stuff to his own truck. he ordered me a hard tonneu cover and i'mn prolly buying his 20s w/ tires for like a grand, so maybe he'll do it for me.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's real easy to do.......the hardest part I found was getting the old gasket off; they really kinda burried the damn thing in deep....Oherwise, piece of cake.....

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
make sure your thermastat goes spring end in first. gasket goes on top between house'n and top of thermastat. run some rtv to be sure. then put everything back together. don't over torq house'n bolts it'll bust the house'n. done that one before. good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts