Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, the other day, I was pulling out from my apartment and my headlights would not turn on at all. Well I drove to the store in spite of having no headlights (the fog lights provided enough light at 1 in the morning). Then I got to the store and when I was leaving the headlights just started working. Then just yesterday I was changing my clear corners and I went to turn my headlights on again and now they don't work at all. My turn signals work, my fog lights work, my brake lights work...just not my headlights. The first time it did this, I thought the bulbs were burnt out, but they weren't. I checked the fuses and they are good still. SOMEONE PLEASE :help: ASAP!!!

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
possibly what he said ..but also maybe the headlight switch... I had that go out about a month ago and had no headlights unless i pulled the lever for the brights and had to keep the lever pulled to get the headlights to be on, of corse it was my brights but was better than nothing ...try that and see if thats the case I'd say headlight switch... got mine from the dealer for about $40 ..hope you figure it out man..

·
Big mouth heavy foot
2,787 Posts
Very possable the head light switch, but I don't like spending money on un- nessisaryily so I would change the relay with one of the others and see if it works. Then buy either a relay or a switch. I have found both (one or the other)to have been the culprit in the past. In the past 10 years at the Dodge dealership. good luck!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are awesome...good diagnostics through the web!! It was the headlight switch...I replaced that and said "Let there be light" :clap2:

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
nigolbipples said:
You guys are awesome...good diagnostics through the web!! It was the headlight switch...I replaced that and said "Let there be light" :clap2:
Right on man good to hear you got it fixed and have headlights now... :biggthump

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.