Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Painted Covers

Votes: 8 47.1%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
Painted.

I picked up a set at the junkyard Im going to try to smooth out the exterior formsand see if i can slick them up for tinting and not do either :D

·
ಠ_ಠ ლ(ಠ益ಠ&#
1,562 Posts
what he said^

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Painted.

I picked up a set at the junkyard Im going to try to smooth out the exterior formsand see if i can slick them up for tinting and not do either :D
I put the pictures up backwards. So I have no do you like the covers or the paint on the actual light itself?

·
Super Moderator
79,419 Posts
With those taillights I would go with the painted trim. The covers just look too bulky.

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
Its easy enough to see the difference.

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
whatever the first one is
Painted.

I need to find some time with a dremel and the ones I picked up at the junkyard to see if I can smooth out those ridges.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I've been planning on painting just the black trim around the light for awhile, haven't gotten around to it yet, but I think it would look pretty nice.

96BlkDak, are you talking about the horizontal ridges? I wanted to do that too, but when I looked at my light, it didn't look possible. Look at the inside of the light where the ridges are. You could knock them down a little, but I think there would still be a bump because of how they're molded.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My girlfriend just had a great idea. My big issue with the covers is they are too big. So she is thinking I might be able to open up the windows in the cover, shaving off some of that filler that comes off the frame and covers the light. I think that is where it looks cheap.

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
I've been planning on painting just the black trim around the light for awhile, haven't gotten around to it yet, but I think it would look pretty nice.

96BlkDak, are you talking about the horizontal ridges? I wanted to do that too, but when I looked at my light, it didn't look possible. Look at the inside of the light where the ridges are. You could knock them down a little, but I think there would still be a bump because of how they're molded.
I havent pulled them apart yet to look to see how much they could be knocked down. might also fill from the backside with red repair compound.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I havent pulled them apart yet to look to see how much they could be knocked down. might also fill from the backside with red repair compound.
That might work, post pictures if you come up with something good, I don't feel like messing around with my tail lights, too much other stuff to do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts