Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys i need some input. I found a 04 Dakota with 42k. Its a 6cyl with manual everything, has some hail damage on the hood and cab. How much would you pay?

·
99 Problems
4,747 Posts
hmm I would have to see the damage.... but if its just light damage I would say like $7K-$9K depending on the condition of everything else. Your going to pay more if its from a dealer as well...

I am basing my numbers on what I bought my 6cyl manual everything for. It was about $10k with double the miles... but from a dealer haha

·
I hate you people.
2,837 Posts
Whats the original price? if these hail dents are caused by anything larger tha golf ball sized, your looking at some pretty serious damage. Back in Sept. 2000, I left my dads 94 Dak outside during this nasty thunderstorm that dropped softball sized hall on the area. Did close to $5K worth in damage but it was so much better afterwards(surface rust on the roof and faded paint :D )

·
www.dfwdakotas.com
2,070 Posts
hmm I would have to see the damage.... but if its just light damage I would say like $7K-$9K depending on the condition of everything else. Your going to pay more if its from a dealer as well...

I am basing my numbers on what I bought my 6cyl manual everything for. It was about $10k with double the miles... but from a dealer haha
WTF you would pay 7-9k for what he said?

Hell no more like maybe 5k and thats it...

All manual, v6, dents... even if it has 46k miles its not worth even close to 9k...

maybe 6.5 at the MOST in Perfect condition and a BJ from the persons wife selling it/gf...

·
99 Problems
4,747 Posts
like I also said... is it from a dealer? if so go right ahead and add 10-20% to what it SHOULD sell for haha. and if its a couple small dents, who cares? if it looks like it was parked in the infield during batting practice..... well obviously it would be MUCH lower

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input guys. The interior is perfect, seats are good. The hail damage is very little, mostly on the hood. It is at a dealer and they are asking 7.4k for it.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. The interior is perfect, seats are good. The hail damage is very little, mostly on the hood. It is at a dealer and they are asking 7.4k for it.

just to put into perspective a different car (and i know it's a completely different class), my focus came with 62k miles, all manual, mint interior, heated seats and heated side mirrors, power everything and power sunroof, cruise control with a gas sipping 4cyl.
i paid 6100 after tax for it, 5000 before. 7.4K USD imo is 1500 too much

1 - 7 of 7 Posts