Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.. Hey just wondering if anyone has a intermediate shaft for my truck, its a 1998 Dodge Dakota 4x4... I have been searching all over heck for one but cannot find one anywhere... Thanks...

Chris
Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Need a shaft? Just go ask Uncle Sam...:funny:

Anyways, I'm not really sure what you mean by "intermediary" shaft care to explain?

EDIT Uncle Sam..... it was late...

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I know a guy that blew a pony shaft on an old ford, it went from the trans to the transfer case, but I think all Daks had the transfercase hanging off the end of the tranny.

·
I hate you people.
2,831 Posts
I think he means the two piece drive shaft coming from the transmission to the bearing carrier on two wheel drive Daks, at least I know for a Gen II Dak 2WD.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Negative on all... I need the intermediate shaft from the steering gear box up to the steering wheel.... LOL... 98 dakota 4x4 with tilt steering, not sure what else you guys need to know.. Truck is broken down sitting in my driveway right now till I can find one... Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
try searching on http://www.car-part.com. a lot of automotive recyclers post their inventory on there. I couldn't find any listings for a steering shaft, but there was a listing for the whole column. i'm sure if you find someone near you with the column they will have the shaft you need as well

good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah I tried there, and 2 out of like millions of places had one, but they wanted 200 and some odd dollars for one and the new one is 304 or something. Im just wondering tho by the looks of the new black one in the picture wondering if its going to be long enough...

·
elpoepdiputskcuf
2,493 Posts
yeah I tried there, and 2 out of like millions of places had one, but they wanted 200 and some odd dollars for one and the new one is 304 or something. Im just wondering tho by the looks of the new black one in the picture wondering if its going to be long enough...
ill get you one and ship it for 150

·
elpoepdiputskcuf
2,493 Posts
hey man. i got it for you. looks like the top one though. was that right one? it came off a 98. we have a 97 but i gotta locate the truck. this was only one i could find.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts