Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this goes here, but it seems the best place for it. I've seen lights on my dash that say 4wd lock or something like that, but when I put it into 4wd the lights on my dash don't come on. Are they supposed to come on once I put it into that? The 4wd works great just curious as to why it don't come on. If it helps the trans and motor are from a different truck and the truck they were from was 3yrs newer then mine. Thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Im not real sure but I think on my dads 98 rango the light would only come in in 4low, but its been a while since Ive drove it so again I could be wrong

·
Registered
123 Posts
my 03 does the exact same thing. I thought there would be an idiot light on the dash but there is nothing.

I have only had the dak for about a month now ... so i am still figuring things out :) I only drive about 250 kms a week.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I'm going to have to try and put it in 4lo and see if it comes on. And here's a dumb question. What's the proper way to put it into 4lo? I've heard to put it in park or neutrul. What way should you?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have always put it in neutral but read your owners manual, I could be wrong

1 - 5 of 5 Posts