Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for my automatic, and the 5.2 im doing a performance buildup on this 5.2 i got here, and i took off the stock t/c and the thing is welded to it. anyone know of an aftermarket piece that will work, and not give me any problems. im looking for the smoothest transisition i can get goint from my 3.9 to the 5.2

im figuing on using the protorque 2200-2400 stall converter. unless there is something better out there, that isnt no hiigher than 2500....

anyone?

thanks
:biggthump

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Oh yeah ... what year 318 are you building anyways.... on a lot of the older mod auto's they balanced the whole shebang through the Torqueconverter..I found this out when I was building up my 400... when I pulled the trans from the engine i noticed weights welded to the Tqconverter and was like wtf ... also the starter wheel/flywheel was connected to the Tqconverter on mine to. ?!?

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mr-SXT said:
Oh yeah ... what year 318 are you building anyways.... on a lot of the older mod auto's they balanced the whole shebang through the Torqueconverter..I found this out when I was building up my 400... when I pulled the trans from the engine i noticed weights welded to the Tqconverter and was like wtf ... also the starter wheel/flywheel was connected to the Tqconverter on mine to. ?!?

yup. same deal here. its a 1992 motor.

thanks razman for the info.

jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts