Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. My '01 Dango 4.7L SLT gets an occasional P0355 code (No. 5 coil circuit) and of course fires on only 7 cyl until I clear the fault by disconnecting the battery for awhile. The first time it happened I swapped no. 5 & 6 coils to see if the fault would follow. It not only didn't follow, it went away entirely. 75K later, same thing. This time I changed the plugs and no. 5 coil. Cheap & easy, why not. I also replaced a leaky p/s pressure line. I had read somewhere in this forum that oil seeping down the line can cause p/s pressure switch and/or O2 sensor failure. The sw was soaked so I replaced it, but the O2 sensors on the exhaust are dry. In fact I'm unclear how leaking p/s fluid could harm them anyway. The leaky hose wasn't close to the harnesses or the sensors (can't seem to find that post now). That was 50K mi. ago, now the code/misfire is back. Short of taking it in for $$$ diagnotics & repairs, I'm running out of ideas. I'm all for stimulating the economy, but... Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Rocky (in Wa State)

·
Registered
139 Posts
So after you changed the coil n plug the code returned? Got lil lost in reading your post. If you swap the coil with another and problem goes away for a lil while only to return to the exact same cylinder. I would suspect maybe a bad plug or a wiring issue related to that coil.
Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts