Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a video of my truck at opening day at local track fig a few you guys like seeing how the truck does on the spray.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
unfortunately that reaction time costed me and the diesel won with a 9.56, but the dakota was running him down quick with that 9.36 i pulled, and as you can see in the video traction was not good for me compared to a turbo diesel in 4WD lol, but thats ok I got a couple other videos where I busted his ass cuz he tried to run it in 2 wheel, but had fun and thats all that matters, goina hit it with 100 hp after carlisle chrysler nats, then it be in the 8s

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, had this been 1/4 I woulda caught him on top end, goina take truck up to vmp soon this summer for mopar madness, long drive but awesome show and track, and this year my truck doesn't have clogged converters holding it back lol

·
Registered
864 Posts
how do you figure lower means faster?
Not saying this is the reason he said it but technically it would improve aerodynamics by reducing the drag. You would actually decrease frontal surface area by lowering the truck since the tire face no longer acts as frontal area in the wind. Tries actually cause a fair amount of drag because they must be exposed in some way, look on a lot of late model cars you'll see little lowered portions deep under the bumper just in-front of the tires to deflect air. Theoretically decreasing the drag does equate to a higher speed capability.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aerodynamics does matter, but my solution to go faster is to just switch nitrous jets lol, that vid was only a 75 shot, my zex kit goes up to 125hp, goina try that later this summer.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Also note that the zex jet chat is ungodly rich. If you tune it properly and to the correct fuel pressure you'll get a lot more performance with it.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Not bad... that little DAK gets moving!

9.36 is a great time for a 4.7L! But you could be running that NA and using Nitrous to drop that down further...

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this is a 4500 lb 4x4 truck that we're talking about, and your prob right with the right tire on the back and a 4K launch off the line instead of easing on it would prob do it, and we will find out after july, taking the dakota to a few car shows and maybe a trip to the beach, last week at the track I ran consistent 9.60 and my good ol centerforce is now dead, got a spec stage 4 thats going in it now hopefully handle the power better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts