Dakota Durango Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
728 Posts
BlackDak said:
Mine has no holes at all, so as long as they will mount, I can put them wherever I want... I haven't looked closely yet.

use a piece of tape to cover your light holes on the stock bumper, take a sharpie and draw the size of the light hole onto the tape. place the tape on the rollpan where ya want the lights and dremel the holes out. use your stock lights also. :biggthump
installing it- take your tailgate off, put the roll pan in place ... matching up the corners flush to the bottom of the bed sides, then use masking tape to hold it in place by taping it to the bed sides underneath. then start drilling your holes with a 1/8 drill bit and install the screws provided.

btw, thats not black primer, it`s urethane.so use some kinda respirator while dremeling, don`t wanna breathe that shitt. any more questions hit me up in pm

· Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Suffolk, thanks for the breathing tip, I wasn't aware of that. I almost already did it too!

I traced the hole on a piece of thin cardboard and tried to transfer it to the roll pan, but they stock ones are not going to fit. The only place I can put them in not perfectly flat, and the bases of the lights are. I'll have to go to a parts place tonight or tomorrow and see what's available in lighting...

I got the hitch, bumper and vibration damper thing off, so tomorrow the roll pan can fit fitted and installed once I get the lights figured out.

Then I just need to cut the pipes and I'm done til it's time to paint!

· Registered
728 Posts
BlackDak said:
What is the deal with the long tube that's hidden behind the bumper? Is it some kind of vibration damper? I hope it's nothing important, cause I yanked it!

supposedly it`s supposed to strenghten the bumper during an impact.
you are talking bout the big heavy bar mounted to the rear of the bumper right?
i left mine attached to the bumper when i removed it.
i used my stock license plate lights, they`re mounted at an angle.... but they illuminate the plate just fine.
on the breathing tip, urethane and fiberglass work thier way into the lungs and never leave, therefore causing damage to the lung tissue throughout your life often ending in cancer or dead lung tissue. so respirators are our friends. shocking what navy medical can teach ya. :biggthump

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.