Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I finally uploaded pics of the remote turbo I put in the Dakota. The 3.9 really wakes up at about 3500 rpm and pulls with ease thru 6500! I am keeping it at about 7 lbs of boost as to not blow the bottom end out of it. I will got out and take underhood pics tomorrow when it stops raining (just pictures a 360z Air intake hat with a bunch of pipes running down between the headers and a BOV)
Before:

During:

After:

·
Juice Junky
2,086 Posts
The page you are requesting cannot be found!

Photobucket.com Home

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fixed it...

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
argg

You lucky bastard, :joke: damn i want that sts kit. Of course they make em for the tacomas but oh no not the daks. Guess the tacomas do need help getting out of their own way but come on! We have mid sized pickups with nice v8's! throw us a bone here STS!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is a Dak, I just made it work

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
Im talking about their pre tuned kits like they have for the cars on their site. I dont think i would have the time or the tools to "make it work" Thats cool though that you could get it done. Whats your truck pull the 1/4?

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
Did it come with the ugly Turbo Mounting Flange?

What mounts the pipe to the truck?

Is there addition mounts to support the weight of the turbo?

What about tuning? I've got a buddy who loves toying with things like this, and he builds custom headers... But all I want is a remote mount to help with the mid-top end power...

What will I blow up on a STOCK truck with like 5 PSi?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whats your truck pull the 1/4
??? Maybe low 15s to high 14s (I will still get beat by most R/T's, but that is not why I built this setup)

Did it come with the ugly Turbo Mounting Flange?
No, I had to cut their flange off and redo it, my welder is not the best (neither are my welding skills)

What mounts the pipe to the truck?
They look basically like muffler hangers

Is there addition mounts to support the weight of the turbo?
See above

What about tuning? I've got a buddy who loves toying with things like this, and he builds custom headers... But all I want is a remote mount to help with the mid-top end power...

I had my Superchips reflashed and I installed an MSD 6BTM Box with timing retard as boost rises

What will I blow up on a STOCK truck with like 5 PSi?
Your checkbook :jester:
Actually, I have not run mine hard enough to find out (and hope not to)

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
man you suck... :joke: ..Phil ....sweet set up ... :mullet: :mullet:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The underhood pics

Before:

After:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The STS unit (for the Camaro) was about 3900 and I spent another 500 making it work. Not that I have done it I see that it can be built via ebay for about $1500, lots of tubes, a t3 or t4 turbo, gaskets, aux oil pump, welder, and lots of planning.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Interesting set up. :biggthump Do you loose a lot of boost through the piping to the front?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Not really (6-7 lbs), there is some Lag (like every other turbo out there) but I did not build a drag truck so I am happy. 4 grand to sound cool ~lol :wave:

·
adicted to GT4
273 Posts
my only concern is what happens when you hit water with the intake for the turbo under the truck? I mean will heavy rain park the truck?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I live in Washington state where it see,s to rain every day! Just keep your foot out of it and you will be fine. As long as it is not spinning at 300 zillion rpm it is not getting hot. Therefore it will not crack the housing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
intercool that bitch!! looks good, total stealth mode :)

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
Any chance we can get an audio file of that sucker (errr blower) spooling up? Im curious as hell as to what a 3.9 sounds like on boost.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts