Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help:
Just installed a K&N FIPK Gen II on my '03 Durango R/T and now the engine has lost some of that beautiful sound it makes when it fires up. :( On the plus side I can feel the difference when I hit the accelerator, but the rumble of the engine is about half of what it was with the OEM intake.

This is the first FIPK I have ever installed so I wouldn’t know if that is normal or not.

Any answers or just some piece of mind that all is well still would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
John

·
I like trucks
510 Posts
Well when i did my homebrew i noticed i can hear the air being sucked in and when its at WOT it gets really loud. Is that what your talking about?

·
July Truck of the Month
572 Posts
That is a bit odd for the engine to be more quiet. You can really hear the intake suck that air in.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm with everyone else. The K&N FIPK on my 2001 Durango R/T made it sound meaner on the idle. Very weird about yours.
However, just get a Flowmaster 40 series piped in and your rumble fix will be satisfied 10 fold! :mullet:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.