Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
teh d3ad :(

I'm on my way to school yesterday, subs barely even on, music low. All of a sudden I'm hearing a constant snap-snap-snap sound. I turn the volume up and feel the subs, 2 are dead :( I have no clue what happened, power still lights up on the amp; not the subs, all the coils are fine.

another one bites the dust :help: I think its time to give those kicker kx2500s a try, see how they do.

·
Car Audio God
502 Posts
JohnnyKo12 said:
teh d3ad :(

I'm on my way to school yesterday, subs barely even on, music low. All of a sudden I'm hearing a constant snap-snap-snap sound. I turn the volume up and feel the subs, 2 are dead :( I have no clue what happened, power still lights up on the amp; not the subs, all the coils are fine.

another one bites the dust :help: I think its time to give those kicker kx2500s a try, see how they do.
I didn't like my 2500d...it was SHITTY. I sold it asap and bought a modded mtx 1501d...runnin @1ohm daily now...soon to be at .35ohm daily ;)

Also, it can take 18v ;)

NG

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ngsm13 said:
I didn't like my 2500d...it was SHITTY. I sold it asap and bought a modded mtx 1501d...runnin @1ohm daily now...soon to be at .35ohm daily ;)

Also, it can take 18v ;)

NG
yea its kinda crazy, the amp runs like a champ and throws out some sick power, but once a year it just conks out on me :( thank goodness Orion's warranty dept. is absolutely amazing ;) But I'm kinda gettin sick of it lol.

I'm thinking the kx2500s will be able to do daily at 1.25. They do rated power at 2, but I'll prob only end up runnin all 4 of em for comps. I'll do 2 for daily cuz god knows my SXs dont really need 2500 watts. Just bring the other 2 out when I feel the need to hit a 160 :woowoo:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts