Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i completely redid my system. I am now running 2 18" Audiobahn subs (AW1805Q) with 2 1600 watt Audiobahn rack mount amplifiers (A800X1Q). So i spent the good part of last week doing my box and getting it all installed and ready to go for a show that i went to yesturday, since they had a DB drag. Well, everything was working geat and then i got up to the lanes to get in line and one of my amplifiers went into protect mode. This had happened befor from overheating so i get out of line and pull out the amps to let them cool off. Well to make a long story somewhat shorter, it never came out of protect mode. I checked EVERYTHING and found nothing. So i think i toasted my amplifier doing a test run before going up to the lanes. So all of that hard work was for nothing. On an upside, i got to see the world record holder's Rockford Fosgate van :jawdrop: but i think that he was sand bagging us because he only hit 163.4 db. Oh well, that day sucked, as did the whole week prior... :dammit:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Bigguy18LSU77 said:
Can we see pics of the 18"s? I wanna see what they look like.
I will have some time to take some pics today or tomorrow.

***update*** I blew me other amplifier as well, so i decided to just go cheap and get 2 new A2502DP amplifiers from Audiobahn. These things are so small! I will post some pics of them as well, even though i have yet to redesign my box to accommodate.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Pics...

Well, here they are... Keep in mind that the amps are just thrown in there and the box was not designed for these amplifies. The wires were too short, so the amps had to be mounted temporarally upside down. Also you can see the holes on the back where the rack mounts used to slide into. So i still have some work to do, but at least this gives you some sort of an idea. When it all said and done, you will not see any wires except for those that are running across the voice coils.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
damn dude that sucks.....set up looks like it thumps

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JohnnyKo12 said:
Hey that looks pretty nice :) Good job.
Thanks, the box took a while to put together because there is a box built into the bottom of the main box that the amps used to slide into... pisses me off that now i probably have to start over from scratch.... :dammit:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rockadaous said:
damn dude that sucks.....set up looks like it thumps
It did thump pretty fricken loud with the old amps, but it is just okay with these. I figure they need time to break in anyways. I have heard about a lot of 18s blowing within the first couple of weeks pretty easily because people do not take the time to break them in properly. So maybe i am better off for now. Oh yeah, i like your smiley....

·
Registered
85 Posts
system looks tight man 4 real, u got 2 18's damn i wish i had the space. I got a 1997 dodge dakota sport extended cab and i put 2 audiobahn alum12Q's in my backseat runnin off 3200 watt Visonik amp (i can push at least 2 more of these things on that amp but i aint got the space) maybe room for one more, cuzz imma big fella. Juss got it hooked up sat. july 24th :woot: so im still breakin them in, first BIG LOUD SYSTEM on my own that i hooked up and i have to say that im pretty damn proud of myself. but yeah Black SLT got a ? for ya. Do you have any trouble with your cd skipping? cuzz mine skips like when i get like half way to what i want to play it at and thats right now. When my subs get broken in imma turn them louder i know it. Do you know of anything that i can do other then replacing my HU.

"Under 20's you ridin natural, I'm on twenty-fooows"

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
beeharp2001 said:
system looks tight man 4 real, u got 2 18's damn i wish i had the space. I got a 1997 dodge dakota sport extended cab and i put 2 audiobahn alum12Q's in my backseat runnin off 3200 watt Visonik amp (i can push at least 2 more of these things on that amp but i aint got the space) maybe room for one more, cuzz imma big fella. Juss got it hooked up sat. july 24th :woot: so im still breakin them in, first BIG LOUD SYSTEM on my own that i hooked up and i have to say that im pretty damn proud of myself. but yeah Black SLT got a ? for ya. Do you have any trouble with your cd skipping? cuzz mine skips like when i get like half way to what i want to play it at and thats right now. When my subs get broken in imma turn them louder i know it. Do you know of anything that i can do other then replacing my HU.

"Under 20's you ridin natural, I'm on twenty-fooows"
I don't have any cd player skipping problems, Have you tried removing the unit from its mounting sleave and making sure that it is very secure in there? Sometime if the unit is loose they tend to skip more. If that doesn't help, you could try putting some foam under the unit to help absorb the vibration. Other than that, i would have to say to go for a new HU.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts