Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nice!!! I have the 404's and they are nice. The 450's are better I am sure.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:mullet: they are 275/50-17. Little wider than stock R/T goodyears but same height overall. Go to Nitto NT 450 Extreme Performance . They have free shipping until 15 of June. I paid 484 total to my door. I ordred them on monday and got them today (wednesday).

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pics of the tires mounted and on the truck... these bad boys are awesome! The truck rides so much better now and is much quieter than the stock Goodyear Eagle RS/A POS. Not too mention the truck handles almost too good now. Now I gotta put the Hotchkis TVS kit on it to fully utilize the tires without flipping the truck! Yeah, they are that sticky! :mullet:

Attachments

·
Dakota for Life!
2,489 Posts
SSRage said:
these bad boys are awesome! Not too mention the truck handles almost too good now. Now I gotta put the Hotchkis TVS kit on it to fully utilize the tires without flipping the truck! Yeah, they are that sticky! :mullet:
I have the same set on my lowered 99 club cab. Be sure you're hanging on when you throw the truck into a tight turn. It's like riding on rails. Another bonus from those tires is afetr a short burnout, they get really tacky for a good launch. I get great mileage from them and I treat them hard. I've heard some complaints about their lack of ability to channel the water during rain. I've never had any trouble with them during a downpour. Have fun!

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
thats great man...good to see you are working on that truck of yours. whats next?
does anyone know how these compare to the 420s... i heard those are bad ass tires.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a set on my last car and I drove them till there was nothing left of them.. They would have to be the best tire I have ever owned..

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kaui56 said:
thats great man...good to see you are working on that truck of yours. whats next?
does anyone know how these compare to the 420s... i heard those are bad ass tires.
Super chips tuner is next. I gotta fix the speedo for the change in tire size. The dealer wants like $150 bux to do it so I said :bs2: :finger2: !!! I'll spend $300 and get more power, mpg, fix the sluggish shift points and fix the speedo. And I can do it when ever the f I feel like it!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hmm how tall are these tires?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are 27.82 inches tall. The factory R/T tires are 28.02 inches. The stock tires that came on the 16x8 rims were supposedly 29 inches tall.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yep the 16" tires are 29" tall, that's what I have. I was thinking of getting a set of R/T wheels but from my understanding they are heavier. I think I am going to keep my 16s. There is not much of a selection in 16s though. I did find BFG makes a 285x60x16 that is almost the same height as stock but wider.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup, the R/T rims and tires weighed 12-13 lbs heavier a piece than my stock 16x8's. I originally was gonna buy new tires for my 16's but a buddy sold me the 17" rims and tires for $350 so I jumped all over it. There is more of a selection of tires for the 17's than for the 16's. The 17's ended up being cheaper.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yeah there is a lot more selection in 17s. I wish I found a deal like that on wheels :drool:. I just kept my 16s and put on some 295x50x16s. They are 27.61 inches tall. They are a little shorter than my stock tires, but man are they wide :banana2:.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts