Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Chevy Powered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Ignore the crappy room. I'm in the process of moving out of that house and moving my shop.

The desk is just made up of a few simple pieces.

8 Premium 2x4's
1 24"x80" hollow interior door
3 8'x7" pine boards
1 48"x48"x1/4" sheet of maple plywood
1 sheet of black martek (I was given about 10 sheets of this stuff new from work after a remodel) It's the best gaming surface I have ever used. :jester:
1 10'x2 piece of trim
Some screws, bolts and paint. lol

The cabinets under it are actually cheapie Walmart bookshelves I cut down to fit to hold my gaming consoles and misc items.

I think I'm finally done adding crap to it now (the desk at least). lol

·
Gen I FTW
6,010 Posts
Sweet man. The docs where I work have setups like that.

·
Chevy Powered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, this year I would like to upgrade to the new 27" Korean IPS displays, but we'll see.

·
Rebel13
11,470 Posts
When I first saw the two pics with it dressed up with componets, it looked good from afar. Now, with the closer up pic you can see the details and the workmanship. I'm sorry, but I'm not impressed. You did good building it and creative, but it's way to ruff. The price explains it'self. It's good for say a work bench in a shop, but not in a home.

·
Chevy Powered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I first saw the two pics with it dressed up with componets, it looked good from afar. Now, with the closer up pic you can see the details and the workmanship. I'm sorry, but I'm not impressed. You did good building it and creative, but it's way to ruff. The price explains it'self. It's good for say a work bench in a shop, but not in a home.
It was never intended to be production quality and to each their own. It serves the purpose and I'd rather worry about pouring money into the hardware than the desk that works just fine.

Let's see yours so we can see what an impressive desk looks like. :waiting:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts