Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
zclif, i see where your coming from. ive just seen too many guys lift a 2wd chevy in the 12" in the air and stuff boggers under it, which IMO is completely pointless and a waste of money. but i can def understand just wantin some decent tires to fill in the wheel wells.

Woud those look goob on just the BL for now?
i think your going to find that 32's will be small, even for just a body lift. and once those shackles and coils are on, they're gonna look reeeally small. the 285's (33x11.5 approx.) on mine i really like with the BL, they fill the wheel wells in just right for my taste. i dont think i would go any smaller, but thats just personal preference i guess. and if your truck has fender flares, those 255's will look even smaller from the front or back. "chicken legs" as i like to call it. just my .02

·
3,230 Posts

·
3,230 Posts
So guys I think for now I'm going to go with just the BL for now with 255/75/17. Then in the summer go with the 2''suspension. I did alot of research and found out it's basically a 265/70/17 with the size of the threads the BFG's have.[/url]
what kind of rims are you using? i hope its something with a more negative offset than stock rims. those 255's will look funny on a lifted truck bein so skinny. especially if you have fender flares.

You kill me, run 33's when both lifts are done. anything less you are wasting money and will regret later!
+1 you may as well do everything at once. so your going to buy the above mentioned tires now, then after your lift this summer youre gonna go bigger?

·
3,230 Posts
I was paying attention to that today and right now im at (255/60/17) looks ok:huh:
well atleast you dont have fender flares so that will help. id still say go with atleast 285's tho. if you look at any thread of people lifting 4x4's, no one ever puts 255's under a lifted truck because 1) they look tiny and 2) the purpose of lifting a truck is to fit larger tires, not keep small ones.

6shooter I seen in a thread your running the mastercrafts, how do you like them? Do they have a nice aggressive thread or what? How do they handle in the snow too?
theyre great tires so far. ive only got about 600 miles on them. they do great in the snow IMO. the tread is real deep, and they're a good looking tire. they're not as aggressive as i want tho, and thats why they're my winter tires. ive got a set of american racing rims im putting MT's on for the summer. these mastercrafts i got now kind of fell into my lap. $125 for a set of 4 285's, brand new with the stickers still on them :mullet: i couldnt pass that up

·
3,230 Posts
I have fender flares lol and I'm trying to tell everyone that the BFGS looks like 265's and is a tad smaller then them. I don plan on off roading very often. Im just trying to go for appearance and maybe some messing around in snow or mud
haha, my bad. at quick glance it doesnt look like they're are any flares on there. i looks decent now, i just think it will look a little funny with those size tires on it with a lift. its all up to you tho, it is your truck. what rims do you have? they obviously arent the same stock rims that i have on mine or those 255's would never look that wide. my 285's barely stick out from the flares, and i cant wait to get my american racing rims and MT's.

·
3,230 Posts
so i went out and looked, and my tires actually arent even flush with the flares. zclif, you have R/T rims on there now? i wish mine had the offset yours do, my 285's would look a whole lot better stickin out a little more.

Attachments

·
3,230 Posts
I dont know if I can pull the funds for 33's
craigslist is your friend!!! just give it some time. ive bought my last 3 sets of tires on CL, all 33's, and i havent paid more than 400 for a set. the last set i got still had the stickers on them, and after i sold the crap tires i had on the truck already, the new ones cost me $125. the hankook dynapro MT's i picked up for my 05 GMC cost me $400, the tires had 3k miles on them. just gotta find that right person. if your not doin both lifts till this summer, you got plenty of time.

·
3,230 Posts
True i been looking. Do you have any "keyword" idea s I should look up? I also dont wanna drive around on 29'' tires till summer lol
when i look for tires, i just put in the diameter and rim size. i'll search auto parts for "33 16" or "33 17" and it will pull everything listed as 33's with a 16 or 17 inch rim. or you could search the width, like "285" or "265" and still put in the rim size. you may pull the occasional ad for "33 chevy parts" or something, but for the most part its all tires. dont be afraid to drive, either. if your saving $400 on a set of new tires, you can sacrifice a few hour drive to get them, IMO.

·
3,230 Posts
i could prob pull these off but they dont have a nice beefy thread patter like I want. http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fi...true&cf=false&rd=17&sw=false&rc=ILCINT&cs=285
yeah, if your gonna spend the time and money to lift a truck, put MT's on it. the only reason i got my AT's is because they were stupid cheap and im using them on my stock rims as snow tires. since your runnin R/T rims, just look online for stock steel wheels to use in the winter. they're a dime a dozen, atleast in NY anyway.

·
3,230 Posts
I got my wheel and tire combo for $500!!! Basically BRAND NEW TSL Super swampers on Pro Comp Xtreme wheels. Dude had them on his Durango for 1000 miles and then sold it without the wheels and tires. Still had the little nipples on the tires.
damn you!!!!!! :jester: thats a sick deal! id LOVE to come across that deal here in NY! you stole those wheels, man!

·
3,230 Posts
yeah, those are the guys you gotta look for! either their wife is bitchin about stuff layin around or they're hard up for money :mullet:

·
3,230 Posts
Alright, so what size rim are you going to be using??? 15's? Look at CL man...you'll come across a deal if you wait for it....check that shit a few times a day.
hes got an 04 so it will have to be 16's atleast, and i think he said he's keeping his R/T rims, so he's got 17's. and yes, check CL twice a day cause when that deal your looking for comes up, JUMP ON IT ASAP BEFORE ITS GONE!!!

·
3,230 Posts
I see some nice cooper discoverer stt on ebay going for $500 but no shipping:rant: And yes Im running 17'' r/t's or 16'' min wheel
thats a pretty good price. the larger the rim diameter, the more expensive the tires. if they're 33's for 17" rims, id jump on them even if shipping is $150. those tires would probably cost over $1K from any tire shop.

·
3,230 Posts
Your in the south everyone has lifted trucks lol!
hahaha, yeah aint that the truth! in mississippi i had 35's on my 79 GMC and that wasnt shit compared to everyone elses daily driver! there were guys with 39.5's and 44's on their trucks that drove that shit to work every day like they were honda accords :mullet:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.