Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Chillin The Most
29,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2wd lift thread

I guess I'll start a thread with the progess of my lift. My plan is to run a 3'' PA bodylift on top of a 2'' suspension lift. Im still waiting on the 2'' coils to come in the mail but I hope to have the body lift on soonish. Here are some pics of my parts and of course when Im all done I'll have before and after pics of my truck.

·
Chillin The Most
29,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rebel- that sticker is going smack dab in the middle of my dash or ill send it to you when I get the bumpstops because i'll have your return addy. You can use that sticker more then me.
6shooter- I'm lifting it because I always liked the look and bigger tires. I should have gotten a 4wd but I really dont need it. Plus why not be different.
Koap- Thanks man I see your going to be lifting your truck. What tires are you running stock? And yes coils I bought off here from bpkota. But I'm thinking they might be lost...Let's hope not.

·
Chillin The Most
29,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Btw the only reason im doing 2'' coils and shackles is because I didnt see spending $500 for the extra inch from fabtech. Plus I have yet to see a 2wd dakota lifted like this, but I can be wrong

·
Chillin The Most
29,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So Rebel instead of running the 285 or 265 im going to go with 255/75/17 which is a 32'' tire just a qtr inch skinner and I can get them for 140 a piece shipped! And they are BFG MT's brand new not blems. Woud those look goob on just the BL for now?

·
Chillin The Most
29,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You kill me, run 33's when both lifts are done. anything less you are wasting money and will regret later!
Well if I dont get these coils im not going to drop more money on another set, or spacers

what kind of rims are you using? i hope its something with a more negative offset than stock rims. those 255's will look funny on a lifted truck bein so skinny. especially if you have fender flares.
Well there suppose to e as wide as 265's and they will be on a r/t rims

+1 you may as well do everything at once. so your going to buy the above mentioned tires now, then after your lift this summer your gonna go bigger?
Well I would run the bfgs if I get both lifts on. I just don't see what wrong with
them there a 32" tire

·
Chillin The Most
29,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=35866&d=1261335772
http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2313034&postcount=37

is what you will look like... he has an inch higher lift than you and 31"s...
you have an inch lower and 33"s

that evens out to be the same minus a few cm. for saggy suspension or tire tread.
every 1" on a tire on lifts you 1/2" :)
I really like the tires/stance in this pic. http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=35865&d=1261335752 Those are really just 31's? I see that and its how I would want to look. 33's just seem huge!

·
Chillin The Most
29,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
well atleast you dont have fender flares so that will help. id still say go with atleast 285's tho. if you look at any thread of people lifting 4x4's, no one ever puts 255's under a lifted truck because 1) they look tiny and 2) the purpose of lifting a truck is to fit larger tires, not keep small ones.

theyre great tires so far. ive only got about 600 miles on them. they do great in the snow IMO. the tread is real deep, and they're a good looking tire. they're not as aggressive as i want tho, and thats why they're my winter tires. ive got a set of american racing rims im putting MT's on for the summer. these mastercrafts i got now kind of fell into my lap. $125 for a set of 4 285's, brand new with the stickers still on them :mullet: i couldnt pass that up
I have fender flares lol and I'm trying to tell everyone that the BFGS looks like 265's and is a tad smaller then them. I don plan on off roading very often. Im just trying to go for appearance and maybe some messing around in snow or mud

·
Chillin The Most
29,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Heres a pic of the 31s with the lowering blocks still on the rear. I think theyre 2" blocks

Damn! No rub issues lol

so i went out and looked, and my tires actually arent even flush with the flares. zclif, you have R/T rims on there now? i wish mine had the offset yours do, my 285's would look a whole lot better stickin out a little more.
yes I have r/t rims curently Idk why but my 255 are like almost perfectly flush to the flares and I figure if anythin I can get 1/2'' wheek spacers

That pic right there makes me want to order a 3" Body lift right now for my 02. Thats a very nice looking stance imo.
Get ahold of Joe from from stylin his name on her is like xlownx of something. He got me my kit for $220 shipped:mullet:

1 - 20 of 137 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.