Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 355 Posts

·
Chillin The Most
29,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2wd lift thread

I guess I'll start a thread with the progess of my lift. My plan is to run a 3'' PA bodylift on top of a 2'' suspension lift. Im still waiting on the 2'' coils to come in the mail but I hope to have the body lift on soonish. Here are some pics of my parts and of course when Im all done I'll have before and after pics of my truck.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Make sure you put on that higher center of gravity sticker on :jester:

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
keep us posted! and just out of curiosity, why are you lifting a 2 wheel drive truck?

·
Sicky Gnar Gnar
579 Posts
Where did you get your 2" coils from?

And 6shooter, because he can! He can do whatever he wants to his truck!

·
Banned
25,820 Posts

·
Chillin The Most
29,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rebel- that sticker is going smack dab in the middle of my dash or ill send it to you when I get the bumpstops because i'll have your return addy. You can use that sticker more then me.
6shooter- I'm lifting it because I always liked the look and bigger tires. I should have gotten a 4wd but I really dont need it. Plus why not be different.
Koap- Thanks man I see your going to be lifting your truck. What tires are you running stock? And yes coils I bought off here from bpkota. But I'm thinking they might be lost...Let's hope not.

·
Chillin The Most
29,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Btw the only reason im doing 2'' coils and shackles is because I didnt see spending $500 for the extra inch from fabtech. Plus I have yet to see a 2wd dakota lifted like this, but I can be wrong

·
Chillin The Most
29,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So Rebel instead of running the 285 or 265 im going to go with 255/75/17 which is a 32'' tire just a qtr inch skinner and I can get them for 140 a piece shipped! And they are BFG MT's brand new not blems. Woud those look goob on just the BL for now?

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Yes. Hell with the sticker, it belongs on a donk :jester:

Reactions: zclif2601

·
3,230 Posts
zclif, i see where your coming from. ive just seen too many guys lift a 2wd chevy in the 12" in the air and stuff boggers under it, which IMO is completely pointless and a waste of money. but i can def understand just wantin some decent tires to fill in the wheel wells.

Woud those look goob on just the BL for now?
i think your going to find that 32's will be small, even for just a body lift. and once those shackles and coils are on, they're gonna look reeeally small. the 285's (33x11.5 approx.) on mine i really like with the BL, they fill the wheel wells in just right for my taste. i dont think i would go any smaller, but thats just personal preference i guess. and if your truck has fender flares, those 255's will look even smaller from the front or back. "chicken legs" as i like to call it. just my .02

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
I'm glad it shipped ok. She said it may bounch back since both addresses where on 2 different sides.

·
3,230 Posts

·
USMC
3,174 Posts
the hexagon hole is offset farther than factory so even when the adjustment bolt for your keys is in the same spot as with factory keys, the hole is at a tighter degree putting more load on your torsion bars, therefore lifting the front suspension.
soooo.. yes get them or no lol.?

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Just crank the stock bars. If you can't tweak anymore do to sagging bars, then get the keys.

·
Sicky Gnar Gnar
579 Posts
Koap- Thanks man I see your going to be lifting your truck. What tires are you running stock? And yes coils I bought off here from bpkota. But I'm thinking they might be lost...Let's hope not.
Im runnin a 31x10.5x15 stock height (still has the lowering blocks in the rear from previous owner haha) and it doesnt rub

1 - 20 of 355 Posts