Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... well my HO cams arrived on Saturday. I have read a number of threads here about lash adjusters popping off. Some people attribute it to oil temp / viscosity on cold starts.
I have 3 questions:

Should I (and why or why not) switch to those faster beehive springs or use the stock springs?

Should I (and why or why not) switch to those solid lash adjusters or use the stock ones?

Is there anything else I should do or any other comments?

Hopefully next week, I can get back to it. work is keeping me busy.
Thanks,
Kevin

·
Jay
11,490 Posts
What else do you plan on doing to your D, and what is done now other than the HO's?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
...daily driver, some towing once in a while, will never see a dragstrip. HO cams are just low hanging fruit for an upgrade with it all being apart right now. It was stock when I took it apart. I will probably have Dwight bore out my TB. Other than that, nothing yet. Will put a cold air intake on as it goes back together.Pretty much everyone agrees that the cams will wake it up a bit though.

Kevin

·
Registered
364 Posts
Replace the LA's with a set of new OEMs, that should be more than enough. I'm not sold on the solids yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where did you get your cams from if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where did you get your cams from if you don't mind me asking?
1 x Mopar Performance 1999-2007 4.7L H/O Camshafts (Mopar 53x21412AD, 53x21411AD) = $285.00
Original Chrysler equipment. I got them from a guy in MO called 3rd strike performance. I think he is a one man operation but he was able to get them. It is worth checking for availability before ordering. They showed up on Saturday. Total of $293.95 after shipping to my doorstep.

Kevin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the info! i will hopefully be able to buy a set by spring.
My shop is rapping me on my lift :(

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Replace the LA's with a set of new OEMs, that should be more than enough. I'm not sold on the solids yet.
Ryan, Can I ask why you are not sold on them?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ryan, Can I ask why you are not sold on them?
Sure. For something that isn't raced, I don't see why someone would have to go to solid LA's. The hydraulic ones do the job, they just need replacing after a while. Most valvetrain parts are like that.

I'm not saying they don't work- they look like nice pieces but for your purposes the OEM LA's would more than able to handle what you're doing.

From my standpoint, I drive 20-30k a year and I have no desire to have a date every 3,6,9 months with my valve covers.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fair enough, thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts