Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 ram 1500 5speed v6 with a lot of miles on it. The waterpump just went out on it and I have access to a carberated 360 to drop in relatively cheaply. All I need different is a flywheel right?

·
Registered
1988 Dodge Dakota LWB RC 3.9V6 3 speed auto
1,540 Posts
I have a 2001 ram 1500 5speed v6 with a lot of miles on it. The waterpump just went out on it and I have access to a carberated 360 to drop in relatively cheaply. All I need different is a flywheel right?
Nope.

Is the 360 a Magnum or a LA? What will you do for gauges if you drop the ECU off? How about A/C control? Cruise control?

Do you use the front "elephant ear" mounts on your RAM, or the mid block Magnum mounts? A carbed 360 sounds like it's a LA motor, which most likely won't have the Magnum mounts.

Yah, makes more sense to find a Magnum 5.2, swap the ECU and add the two injector wires up front.

RwP

·
Registered
02 4.7l Dakota
195 Posts
If you have a 1500, try looking up some Ram forums instead, you'll be able to get more help there seeing as this site is for Dakotas and Durangos.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can still use your ECM for the spedomitor and all of your gauges except for the tachometer. And you need external regulator for alternator and hopefully you have a transmission 46,47or 48 re rh or 727 would be the easiest. O yeah fuel pump regulator or mechanical pump.

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts