Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Trailer Trash
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive heard several things about this, some good, some bad..... first off lemme tellya, it was money well spent.

I gave 250 shipped for this and i installed the low octane program yesterday morning before i drove to work. I didnt notice much of a difference on the way to work starting off, i live about 5 miles away from work. But when i pulled into the parking lot i noticed my throttle responce. Most EFI vehicles hesitate when u hit the gas, as did mine before the "tune". Not anymore. I hit the gas and i get responce immediately. That was the first thing i noticed. Second thing i noticed today was that when im on the gas going down the line, it runs the shit outta first gear them SLAMS into 2nd, breaking traction. VERY fun! lol I have to adjust my driving practice to accomodate for the extra power. So next step is to run out all this low octane, put premium in it and upload the high octane performance program and see what that does!

·
7,610 Posts
i love min as well, but i think i need to get some new tires for the rear :biggthump the low octane setting just sets the tranny shift and a small fuel curve, with high octane youll get some more power but it sets the fuel curve and spark more and shorter shifting, ill tell ya go through all 3 settings, i like towing performance over the performance setting, gives more torque. from stock with alot of extra weight i ran 11.89 on an 1/8, towing performance program i ran 11.39, i had a few extra hundred pounds of weight and didnt mess with the motor, so next time should be better. but like you said it is worth it.

·
Registered
557 Posts
5 tenths between the performance and towing/perf. program? I put the performance program in mine and just left it. I guess I need to try the towing program while I am waiting on my custom flash to get here.

·
7,610 Posts
Baby Hemi said:
5 tenths between the performance and towing/perf. program? I put the performance program in mine and just left it. I guess I need to try the towing program while I am waiting on my custom flash to get here.
no, sorry this was in an 1/8, .5 secs better over stock, and .05 or so between performance and towing.

EDIT: only problem with leavig it programmed is the computer still learns and after so long youll have to do it over again

·
Registered
242 Posts
What about Rt's

I have a completly stock '00 Rt, other than exhaust of course. I was looking at putting headers on it next, would this be better on my engine than headers for now? If it did good on your trucks, would it work well on mine, i dont know which engine you guys have. Any comments that would help would be greatly thanked.

Jake

·
Registered
557 Posts
addicted2blue00 said:
no, sorry this was in an 1/8, .5 secs better over stock, and .05 or so between performance and towing.

EDIT: only problem with leavig it programmed is the computer still learns and after so long youll have to do it over again
Ok I went back and re-read your post. I tried the performance/towing program when I went home yesterday. It does seem to pull harder down low with this program. My cams are not top end cams anyway, so it seems to run better. I didn't know the ECM will still learn it's way around the Superchips program :confused:. Any idea how long before it learns it's way around the Superchips program?

·
Registered
153 Posts
that doesnt make sense...you are downloading the stock program to the tuner then uploading the superchip programmer to the pcm...how would it possibly know what to go back to?...unless its AI...then the world has bigger problems cuz ur truck may take over the world!

·
Registered
223 Posts
addicted2blue00 said:

I have not found this to be the case at all. Mine has been programmed for months now and it still runs as hard as the day I programmed it. This is very true of the Jet chips though...I had one of those for awhile.

From my very basic understanding the Superchips tune rewrites your air/fuel tables. So there isnt anyway from my understanding for the 'puter to get around that.

I am sure someone out there with better knowledge will chime in....but like I said from my understanding and own research I dont think the 'puter is capable of overiding the superchips tuning.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i have never heard of it reprogramming to stock even with the tuner installed... interesting...

The only thing i wasnt sure about with the tuner was if i leave the Batt terminals disconnected for a long period of time (installing an amp and sub setup) and the computer resetting..

i dont think it did, but i did re install the tuner program to be sure.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Thanks guys for chiming in guys. That was the first time I heard that about the Superchips programmer. Mine has worked well for me but now with the KRC 206 cams I don't think it is enough. I will see how much of a difference the custom flash makes here in the next few weeks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.