Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
33" tires + 6 lift = Fun
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i haven't posted on here much but oh well.

today my wife got in a wreck in my Durango on the hwy. the car in front of her slammed on the brakes and our truck being a little heavier, and having the bigger rims (dead/rotating mass... harder to slow down), couldn't stop in time. hood, both fenders, bumper, lights, and radiator all damaged, radiator is punctured.

thats all i could tell at the time. i rushed from work to go check it out but traffic, and my slow driver, kept me from getting there before CHP ordered the tow truck to hook it up and move it. tomorrow i'll get pics. i really hope it's not totaled, audio system, alarm, lift, rims, intake, exhaust.... yeah.. gonna be hard to replace that. but i'm honestly just glad my wife and daughter (and neighbor who was in the truck) are ok. the other car had no insurance.. it was expired. so i need to find me a radiator to get the truck running again.

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
hey i just checked, it's the same radiator...

how much you want for it? given it's in good shape.. i need like super cheap as i have to pay for storage and tow fees
where in Cali ya at?? i can find a couple Daks and a Rango to get front end parts off of at the local PYP and Ecology. dont know how much longer till they get squished.

ill help ya pull and haul em if you close enough.

·
33" tires + 6 lift = Fun
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well there is an ecology nearby. i'm in fallbrook. problem is after thursday i won't be able to do anything for 14 days... long story don't ask. though you could take my buddy, i have a buddy who wants to fix it for me once he gets the parts. (he does sort of owe me)

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
well there is an ecology nearby. i'm in fallbrook. problem is after thursday i won't be able to do anything for 14 days... long story don't ask. though you could take my buddy, i have a buddy who wants to fix it for me once he gets the parts. (he does sort of owe me)
their down here is Chula Vista by the border. ill PM ya my cell to give him. ill be avail all weekend cept for Sat (kids b-day). make sure he has a list. last i looked yesterday both were still pretty much complete front end wise. and one is still unmolested (so far)

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
i know how you feel...glad everyone is ok though. hope you get everything squared away. good luck.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Doesn't matter how close or far she was, unfortunately, it's her fualt. I don't know how the other person not having insurance plays into it.

·
33" tires + 6 lift = Fun
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok so i finally got it home. cost me 60 for a trailer and a whopping $350 to get it out of the tow lot. that's theft i tell ya. found out it won't be covered by insurance due to the other drivers not having any and me only having liability. parts i need are: both fenders, bumper(might just go with a prerunner/steel bumper) hood, grill, driver's side turn signals and light braket(head light is good), the bumper support behind it(got ALL jacked up) a new radiator, and a new radiator/electric fan. if anyone has any of this please let me know. i'll be needing it all asap. it's my only ride. it's me and the wife's baby she's still real upset about this.

·
33" tires + 6 lift = Fun
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Doesn't matter how close or far she was, unfortunately, it's her fualt. I don't know how the other person not having insurance plays into it.
good thing there is that my insurance company won't cover thier car due to them not having insurance.. some rule they have i don't know. some law they know about or something i don't know.

·
i hate stupid old people
590 Posts
their down here is Chula Vista by the border. ill PM ya my cell to give him. ill be avail all weekend cept for Sat (kids b-day). make sure he has a list. last i looked yesterday both were still pretty much complete front end wise. and one is still unmolested (so far)
hey razman i need to hit up the junkyards down ther too, if you need some additional help let me know im open for sunday i'll pm my info

·
Dakota GOD!!!
4,156 Posts
Man that sucks man! I had the same damages not to long ago too but i fixed it all.

Just to let you know. I know you said your radiator was damaged but did you check your tranny cooler or AC condensor?
I found out the hard way that those were broken too. I was not away that they were behind the radiator until I tore it apart. So you may check into those too.
Good luck!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts