Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1985 shelby charger with 2.2 turbo and a 5spd manual tranny.

with my dad's GLHS

These are older pics from when i first got it on the road. will have new pics this summer when i get it out.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GLHS= Goes like hell.... Shelby
Only 1000 1987 GLHS,s made, numbered and autographed cars.
This one is #313 with 63,000 original miles.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
puke???? What is that supposed to mean??

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well excuse the crap out of me!!!!
Was just trying to be friendly and show some other vehicles that we are proud of.
If this is the level of maturity and respect that this site and it's posters have I feel SORRY for the DODGE COMMUNITY (both cars and trucks).

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Someone a little butt hurt? You can't expect everyone to like an ugly car like that, and if you can't take the negatives then you shouldn't have made the thread. They are sort of cool little cars, but they should have been RWD instead of WWD.

·
Stock Lookin'
3,040 Posts
Well excuse the crap out of me!!!!
Was just trying to be friendly and show some other vehicles that we are proud of.
If this is the level of maturity and respect that this site and it's posters have I feel SORRY for the DODGE COMMUNITY (both cars and trucks).
don't take it so seriously... people just express what they like and don't like in their own way. btw. they look nice.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And again I mention the maturity or lack there of..butt hurt??? Why is there a need to attack and demean a new member...is there a pecking order on this forum that must be adhered to?
Remember that I was just trying to be friendly and humorous when I asked
Puke???What is that supposed to mean??
An innocuous comment provokes personal attacks such as followed?

Is there a moderator available who would be able to remove this thread?
I did not realize that it would cause such upheaval.
Sorry.

·
BLOWN R/T
1,035 Posts
And again I mention the maturity or lack there of..butt hurt??? Why is there a need to attack and demean a new member...is there a pecking order on this forum that must be adhered to?
Remember that I was just trying to be friendly and humorous when I asked
Puke???What is that supposed to mean??
An innocuous comment provokes personal attacks such as followed?

Is there a moderator available who would be able to remove this thread?
I did not realize that it would cause such upheaval.
Sorry.
dude, not everyone is attacking you. i happen to like it. haha, its no big deal. thats why they make millions of cars, so you can pick one you do like. if people dont like it, then fuck um' :finger2: lol don't get upset. half the guys on here know their shit, and think they own the best shit in the world. as do I. :jester: it's just them showing their love, haha. but anyways, welcome! post some pics of the truck too!

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
NOBODY is attacking you, we just think your car is very ugly, which it is. I think you are the one needing to mature, you should be able to take negative comments better then you are. You didn't come in here with some super nice car that everyone is going to like, you came in with an ugly 80's Charger.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Someone a little butt hurt? You can't expect everyone to like an ugly car like that, and if you can't take the negatives then you shouldn't have made the thread. They are sort of cool little cars, but they should have been RWD instead of WWD.

NOBODY is attacking you, we just think your car is very ugly, which it is. I think you are the one needing to mature, you should be able to take negative comments better then you are. You didn't come in here with some super nice car that everyone is going to like, you came in with an ugly 80's Charger.

Mr.gocartone, perhaps you are right, I should be able to take negative comments better.
When you are proud of something it is hard to hear others be so blantantly critical of them, but yes you are allowed your opinion and I just have to accept that.
I am the type of person who always tries to find something nice to say about anything, even if I really don't like it. Everybody is different.

·
BLOWN R/T
1,035 Posts
Mr.gocartone, perhaps you are right, I should be able to take negative comments better.
When you are proud of something it is hard to hear others be so blantantly critical of them, but yes you are allowed your opinion and I just have to accept that.
I am the type of person who always tries to find something nice to say about anything, even if I really don't like it. Everybody is different.
:clap2:there you go. there aren't too many really "friendly" people left anymore, for lack of a better word. you should be proud of that car. its yours. fuck what everybody else thinks. id rather drive that then a fucking civic or some other gay rice burner.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:clap2:there you go. there aren't too many really "friendly" people left anymore, for lack of a better word. you should be proud of that car. its yours. fuck what everybody else thinks. id rather drive that then a fucking civic or some other gay rice burner.

Thanks, it is just so easy to let someone/something get under your skin, even if you know that is what they are trying to do.
By the way 13.9 with mud/snow tires, impressive. Good job!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Very true, I'd much rather take something with a stock turbo at the same price that you could buy a civic. I myself have actually been waiting to see if I can't find a GLHS Omni one of our family friends has one with the stock engine with a few things done to it and that thing will beat on srt-4's all day long. Haven't seen him in a while though or I'd ask if he was willing to sell his.

·
BLOWN R/T
1,035 Posts
Thanks, it is just so easy to let someone/something get under your skin, even if you know that is what they are trying to do.
By the way 13.9 with mud/snow tires, impressive. Good job!
lol, i guess so. its a little higher than I had hoped, but with the motor im buying/building it should be where i want it to be. i still haven't had a chance to run it with the new tune. should be down to the 13.3 area now. i hope. haha

·
BLOWN R/T
1,035 Posts
Very true, I'd much rather take something with a stock turbo at the same price that you could buy a civic. I myself have actually been waiting to see if I can't find a GLHS Omni one of our family friends has one with the stock engine with a few things done to it and that thing will beat on srt-4's all day long. Haven't seen him in a while though or I'd ask if he was willing to sell his.
definetly. keep us updated. lol

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
If you read the "puke" comment, he was saying his uncle's is worse than yours. The "puke" wasn't even directed at your car.

They are neat little cars, but FWD sucks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you read the "puke" comment, he was saying his uncle's is worse than yours. The "puke" wasn't even directed at your car.

They are neat little cars, but FWD sucks.
Hey I drive my car backwards to make everyone think it's a RWD

1 - 20 of 23 Posts