Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Work Truck
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help: Ok. I have a 1998 dodge dakota. Its 2wd and has the 3.9 liter V6. I got an exhaust leak near the manifold, the muffler's falling apart and the whole thing looks like hell. I'd like to know where I can get the same exhaust system. Better yet: parts of the exhaust system in stainless steal for a reasonable price. Also, what would sound better with the V6: flowmaster series 50 or 40. And last but not least I got this crazy idea to put a hole in the body right behind the back right tire and maybe even the back left also. Then run the exhaust through that/them. And for single outlet muffler: 2.5" or 3" tailpipe? Dual? I want power and efficiency not just sound.

·
mike98rt
96 Posts
for the hole in the truck thing, you can do that and get a kit that goes around the edge of the hols with a tip, saw it on trucks.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I have the super 40 series on my v6 and i wouldnt really recommend it. It sounds nice until about 3000 rpm and then quiets down.

·
Work Truck
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well you answered the two questions I didn't overly need answered but thats a start. The super 40. Do you get a lot a cab noise? I really don't want something really loud. On the other hand its a V6 so the 50 might not give me much improvement at all. Thanks for the input though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts