Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I already bought the right size muffler to fit and all that, approximately how much would an average shop charge to have it put on?? Should I even think about doing it myself? Please let me know, thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
actually if ya have any know-how you should probably do it yourself depending on the set up ya want/desire. could save ya alot of money.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
On average I would think a muffler shop would charge $40-60 for labor for just swapping a muffler.

I found that you can save a decent amount of money by showing up at a muffler shop that isn't a name brand (one of those dirtier/greasier looking places) right when it opens up (so they aren't busy yet), don't call in advance, and show up with cash in hand (bring 5's/10's so you don't have to get change). I had a lot of stuff done on my truck for considerably lower than phone quotes by going that route.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
do it yourself!!!

I did mine myself. The only thing the muffler shop did was weld everything together. Like Steve said just show up when they open and have cash on you. I got everything welded and another hanger put on for $15.

·
Gas Guzlin and Tire smoke
3,301 Posts
Had my flow put on at a name brand muffler shop for 60 bucks.....its only 50 - 60 bucks guys its not gunna make or break ya.....just gidder done! youll love it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts