Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a while ago too, but i came off a ramp behind a SI, and i hate SIs, obviously my truck does too because when i pulled up to pass him he sped up and so i "downshifted" into fourth (could have gone to third) and my tires still barked! I pulled to about 95, but i think he was either hella slow or just gave up when my tires barked at 60.

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ummm...1998 or newer? I dont know shizz when it comes to Honda. Knowing what some people do, now that i think about it, it might have not even really been an SI

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know for a fact ive seen a white one before this one, and this one was white silverish looking. Man i just got a de ja vu for some reason.

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i cant really tell u what year it was because all the tail lights look the same to me, then i only saw the side of it for a second and then the lights in my rear view :biggthump This isnt the first Honda ive beat though. Raced a prelude, and he was either slow too, or just not stupid enough to hit 85 in a 40 zone like me, then there was a Hatchback, that i think was automatic and he was trying to shift it like a manuel...dumbass

·
Registered
52 Posts
DownBoi said:
This isnt the first Honda ive beat though. Raced a prelude, and he was either slow too, or just not stupid enough to hit 85 in a 40 zone like me
:biggthump I guess all hondas are the same then? :huh: I mean if I can walk a 4cyl Dak, should be able to take em all on RIGHT!?!!! :joke:

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh i know not all Hondas are the same, just the ones that were dumb enough to pull up next to me and make those 4 cylinders try to sound like something.

·
3,871 Posts
factory hondas dont have a chance wit a dak unless they are heavy moded or nos, all the ricer honda ive raced have seen just my tail lights except one that had nos and heavy moded motor but still had a good pull on him until he hit the nos.

·
Registered
52 Posts
:umno: I love this, you pull on couple ricers with some taillights/fartcan exhaust and now NO factory hondas have a chance against a dak.

DownBoi said he wasn't even sure it was an Si, or just another civic. There IS a difference.

I'm probably getting a 3.9Dak tonight. Definatly not buying it besacuse its FAST. ;)

-Peter

·
Road Dog
338 Posts
I here this all the time. Trucks racing cars. Traditionally Trucks are not supposed to handle or be fast. So, if your smoking cars more power to ya. Dakotas trucks should be racing other trucks. That would be a more accurate comparison. If I go after a car it won't be in my truck. I'll break out the Goose.

·
Registered
144 Posts
yeah road dog has a good point. the idea for most of us though is we like beating up on cars. anyway, for downboi and you other guys who appearantly kill hondas all the time then i say you're just lucky to be racing poopie cars. go to right spots and you'll be eating dust. and they do not even need power adders either. NA si's and integra gsr's can run mid 14s with very minimal bolt ons. there are other NA imports running low 13s here and plenty power added ones running 12s and faster. it's just a matter of knowing your competition, but all i know is that around here i have to be very alert or else i'm toast. soon the r/t will start its transformation though...

·
Registered
227 Posts
4cyl are pretty much one of the biggest advances in engine, honda has mastered them. Does it matter if it was an ex, dx, or si, definitly, don't also forget that ricers often go to an autoparts store and buy the emblems!!!...that's like us owning a 5.2 and putting a 5.9L emblem on. People who mod civics properly, know what ther are doing, and it's always gonna come down to power to weight ratio. The only time i race civics, or other ricers are when they come after me. Ex: driving through tim hortons needed to merge quickly so my exaust was quite loud, some guy in his modded ricer decided to come after me, and try to take a kill...lit his tires first light, same with the second, on the third he was getting pissed at me. So i put my coffee down, and brake stand the truck, his face was priceless...needless to say light went green, he saw my ass end and turn off before the next light couldn't even face me like a man and honor the loss. (that's what I hate about ricers). On the other i had my ass handed to me by a civic, mind you it had a complete engine swap, cam, ecu, IHE, the whole thing was done, only thing he didn't have was a power adder. and he came hunting again, so i strap up, knowing he's going to win, his car that weighs less then my truck, with the same power output, story short, truck saw his back end, i took him from 1st, to 3rd though, gotta love torque, but his gears redline at 8000. compared to our 4700 so he got me on the long run, what did i do, stop and look, and talk. what's with his car know???...he ditched it doing 170kmh, cars, written and he just got released from hosiptal!...ok i'm done, sorry vetning

·
Back in black
2,929 Posts
yea my buddy has a del sol, he swares up and down he can keep up with my RT but he never wants to play and i just laugh at him :drive: but anyway - hes about to do a whole swap too i think to a H22 with cam and ecu and the works as well and after all thats done he can talk all the smack he wants cause his car weighing about the same as my spare tire and having roughly the same power as my truck he'll take me then...some hondas have nice set ups and know what they are doing but then theres also them little rice boys the throw a muffler, sweet ass graphics, and some rims on their car and think they are the fastest thing in the world...those are the ones that piss me off

·
Registered
253 Posts
some hondas done right are fast. I have a friend that has a civic hatchback dx, i think, and he is going to be puting a v-tech in it soon. when he does, our mechanic, we have the same guy, said that the civic will be putting out over 300hp at the wheels with the other mods he is doing to it too. Oh and this is the 2nd nicest sounding 4cly ive ever heard, it does not sound like an annoying fartcan like so many of them have, and its loud, ive heard it over 2 miles away.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.