Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help:

i need some help with the thunderform.....i have 2 4ohm 10 inch kicker comp cvr and a sony explode 1200watt amp.....there is only 1 termanal outlet for the speakers on the box....best buy said that i would not be able to bridge the wires together because my amp would shut off......i was wondering if i could buy another outlet and screw it in above the original outlet, making 2 negative and 2 positive outlets....would that work?

any help would be great....thank you!

·
Registered
277 Posts
we need a little more info... what model amp do you have? what are the specs? i'm guessin you dont have it hooked up right now huh? you dont have to have a second terminal for you speakers. you may be able to wire them to a 2ohm load if you amp can handle that daily. are they in a common chamber where you could wire them together? i am not too familiar with the thunderform...

i imagine you could put another terminal in if you had to but it mayt not be necessary.

S

·
0 Posts
I had that same problem with my single 12" infinity kappa and a sony 600w amp. It would shut off every 5 minutes because it was over heating when it was bridged. Run it on single channel and it did just fine. POS amp is what it was. Took it back and bought a Kicker 120x2 and bridged it and never had any problems after that. Sony's aren't good for bridged applications in my experience. I went through 3 different models before i realized its the brand. Get you a good Kicker amp to complement the Kicker speaker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts