Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious what the MPG for the different sized motors was. I tried to look online but could not find anything.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
I have a 5.9 and I get about 12-13 during the week going to and from work. On the interstate I got somewhere around 17 mpg

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
After everthing is said and done at the end of a tank, my screen sys that I average about 13.9 miles/gallon. On the highway I get between 17-21 and the city it is 10-12. BTW i have a 4.7L no engine mods. This will increase once I get my air intake and throttle body however!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am actually looking at a 2001 4.7 v8 slt. How do you like it? Do you feel that there is enough power for what you are doing? Do you do any towing or anything like that

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I think that it has plenty of power for my daily needs. I actually love my Durango and I am so happy that I did not get a Pathfinder or a 4 Runner. I do not tow anything with it, but I am sure that it would be find to tow resonable trailers though. I would consider getting a transmission cooler and maybe upgrading the rearend gear ratio to 3.92 if I was going to tow a trailer. i love the styling of the D much more than any other SUV and wouldn't buy anything else that is for sure. Let us know what you decide and there are many people that will help you with any questions that you might have. This is the best site that I have visited for tech and styling questions. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
city 14.6
Hwy 16-18 (depends on foot weight & wifes nagg'n)
5.2, 318

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
rockadaous said:
city 14.6
Hwy 16-18 (depends on foot weight & wifes nagg'n)
5.2, 318

That's Funny!!!!!!!!!! My gas mileage goes down with the severity of the nagging too!

·
It's not my fault!
555 Posts
Try here.

My tired 318 gets 11-13 in the city, 15-17 on the highway.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i got the 5.2L...last tank i got 25 mpg!!! i was like what the hell...usually is around 13-16 mpg though

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have an '04 Dak 4.7 and get on average 14.7 around town and 17.5 on the highway. I occasionaly tow a 21.5 ft. boat with ease, the 4.7L in my opinion has plenty of power.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the webiste thats really useful. Im going on Sunday to find the "Perfect one" i cant wait. Right now I have a really small car and I cant wait to get into something a little bit bigger. My fiance is excited to put a lift and exhaust on it. All the fun stuff!!!

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
We will definitely help you spend your money!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts