Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here, so if this has been discussed previously, I apologize.

When I used to build and race cars, we would try to move lots of weight to the rear of the car, to balance against the fact that the engine, and driver were ahead of the rear wheels. One of the things we would do was to move the battery to the right rear (opposite corner of the driver), and behind the rear axle if possible. Looking under the bed, it seems there is room to put a normal battery (and if you used a sealed battery, you might not have to build a box for it). Does anyone make a kit to move the battery in a Dakota out of the engine compartment and to the rear?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I'm not sure of a specific kit for us dakota owners... BUT... I know there is a kit to relocate it at www.stylinconcepts.com

I noticed you live in Texas.... where abouts... I live in College Station, but make myself up to the DFW area from time to time to see my brother and go to dakota meets. I make it down to houston every once in a while... and Austin I don't go too often.. but ya.

Paul

·
It's not my fault!
299 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, fellow Texan!

I'm in Waco, but hate to admit it. I am older than the average participant on this board (54), so not in tune with some of what you are doing. Spent about 30 years racing sports cars (Camaros and Corvettes), and have some experience in working on cars. Haven't done that much to my truck, but it is a 2001 Quad Cab, 4.7L, 5-spd, posi, black Motorsports Edition, with about 39K miles. I have a Gibson cat-back, and just picked up an intake off of eBay, that should be delivered this week. Trying to find things I can do myself, with low cost.

:p

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
ibj40 said:
I'm in Waco, but hate to admit it. I am older than the average participant on this board (54), so not in tune with some of what you are doing. Spent about 30 years racing sports cars (Camaros and Corvettes), and have some experience in working on cars. Haven't done that much to my truck, but it is a 2001 Quad Cab, 4.7L, 5-spd, posi, black Motorsports Edition, with about 39K miles. I have a Gibson cat-back, and just picked up an intake off of eBay, that should be delivered this week. Trying to find things I can do myself, with low cost.

:p
Very awesome... I wish my dad would be more like you. He's 58. You seem like a cool guy that knows a lot. And just to let you know... I'm one of the youngins on this site. 19 years old. Up in DFW there is a meet the 26th of this month. I really hope you can make it. Do you have AOL instant messenger... or an e-mail that I could get a hold of you to let you know more about the meet? I'm sure the other dakota owners in Dallas-Fort Worth would love to have you tag along, and you could learn a lot from a guy named Don about your motor(I have the same motor). I've always wanted to see one of those Motorsports Editions in real life. I'm from College Station, and I'll be going up there... maybe we could meet and drive up together or something.

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.