Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: Both of my motor mounts are broken!! Its a 1996 RC 3.9. It looks like they would be pretty easy to reach from the top. Anyone got an "easy" way of changing them out?? I also wanted to know if the ANCHOR mounts are any good or if i would just be wasting my time putting em on?

·
Your hero
438 Posts
Start by getting a floor jack and block of wood. Jack up the oil pan just enough to take some of the load (the block of wood should be in-between the jack and oil pan serving as a "cushion"). Now unbolt the bolt that runs through the motor mount and drops into the frame. You can lift the motor up a little higher for more clearance, just dont go too high becuse you'll start to compress the oil pan when it gets too high. Unbolt the old mounts from the block and bolt the new ones onto the block. Have your bolt that goes through the mount so it drops into the frame when you lower it and then tighten it up. It may be easier to do it one side at a time. ANCHOR mounts will be fine too.. thats what I'm using in my truck.

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mmmm...

Well i got the passenger side one done. I used a bottle jack so i would have more room. I was surprised that i actually got all the bolts off from above. I thoughts i would have to do it from the underside. Ummmm, i used a piece of wood but i still kinda bent my oil pan. Oh well. For some reason though i cant get one bolt back in. Whats that all about? BTW, I HATE MOTOR MOUNTS!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.