Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about adjusting my t-bars for quite a while to level the front. I have an '04 4.7 Dakota and don't like the way the front sits lower than the rear. I have a few questions though. I have read about all the threads on this topic and one concern is that someone said the steering wheel may end up off to one side or crooked? My truck is a 5 speed too, will this make a difference? I am getting new tires in a few weeks too, should I wait till I have the new tires put on? It sounds like three to four turns should do it. It also sounds like about 90% of those who did it really like the change. Any comments on the questions would be appreciated.

Any Mountaineers out there in Dakota world??

·
Let it SNOW!
4,152 Posts
welcome to the site, stick around! you'll love it here.

i have yet to do it myself, but i also have a 4.7 4wd dak and am planning on doing the torsion lift. people say it rides a little more firm, and a bit more 'harsh' if you're using stock shocks. SOMEONE correct me if i'm wrong, but it is not required: but recommended to replace shocks with shocks meant for a lifted vehicle. that'll fix alot of your ride comfort issues. yes, an alignment is recommended, as you do change the geometry of the suspension. personally, i would do it BEFORE you get the new tires so you don't chew up the new ones. if you're anything like me, you put shit off until it becomes a problem. i'd put the new tires on, and wait until i started to see wear on em before i got em realigned ;) it's not how i plan it, i just get busy and forgetful

·
Registered
170 Posts
I cranked mine 6 or 7 turns and it still had a few more to go. I love the lift and stiffness. I also like the level look but since I cranked the torsion bars to raise the front the rear went lower so now I am going to add 1.5" add aleafs in the rear just to raise the rear back up for more clearance off-roading.

·
don't feed the bears
10,668 Posts
i cranked mine, a little to high.. gota lower them down a little.. but its freeezing cold outside now! i like it.. the stiffness is hardly noticeable.

oh, WD-40 thoes suckers, get a good breaker bar, and a 15/16 socket on 3/8 drive. youll be good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.