Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Clean Machine
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know spark plugs are constantly posted about... but i was for sure going to go with the ngk 2262s. when i went to autozone i found out about ngk double platnum and iridium, both of which are suppose to be performance plugs. from past threads i found out that platnium isnt good for the 4.7, but what about iridium plugs?

are they really good plugs?

i cant decide between the iridium ngks and the v power 2262s
help me :help: :huh:

·
Banned
3,222 Posts
I have heard if their is no real gains in spending the money for iridium plugs. I think they are for more higher preformance engines. stick with the NGK V groove and save your money.

·
Banned
3,222 Posts
if you want the plugs get them. you sound like you really want them and just need people to tell yo uthe price is worth it. me for one cant see in spending that much for a plug and see no real gains from it when a cheaper plug does just as good. I know they are good for nitrous application. I didnt feel like posting all the different stuff so just said higher preformance engines as a general coverage.

·
Clean Machine
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok im gonna go with the 2262s, i was just hopin to wake my truck up a lil more. im just confused because im pretty sure my superchips is on the 91 program and no matter what gas i put in it, it doesnt ping. so i was just tryin to figure that out-mabye the plugs will help and give it the power i think it should have

thanks for all the help---the 2262s it is

·
Banned
3,222 Posts
try and program to the 87 setting and see if you get better preformance. the 91 program is just for 91 and shouldnt be used for lower grades of gas. I read a person ran the 91 on 87 and his truck was sluggish. I dont think the plugs will change anything.

·
Clean Machine
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jecht said:
try and program to the 87 setting and see if you get better preformance. the 91 program is just for 91 and shouldnt be used for lower grades of gas. I read a person ran the 91 on 87 and his truck was sluggish. I dont think the plugs will change anything.
-never thought of that, ill try it

·
Clean Machine
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just got done putting in the 2262s. i put in 93 octane gas reprogrammed my superchips. i think it feels a little bit quicker. the 2262s smoothed out the engine, im glad i went with them over the ten dollar plugs. saved me money and probably work just as good if not better. thanks for all the help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.