Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Work Truck
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in the ability of a computer controller to give me more horsepower. However the fact that I get all of 15 mpg driving slow I wouldn't like to lose gas mileage. I'm not familiar with the products. If anyone could tell me more about them that would be great. Also which do you recommend?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Knowing the year and engine might help.

·
Work Truck
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry. Its a 98 dakota 2wd with a 3.9.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
At only 15mpg I would start looking at the basics before investing in any brand of chip. I have a '99 5.2 CC and easily get 16-17 mpg daily driving and I'm not always easy on the throttle.

Check out FAQ's, Tips & Tricks first.

Right now I'm loving the SuperChips Tuner. I'll let you know how it is going in a week or two.

·
Work Truck
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Yeah. I mean 15 mpg isn't exact but its very close to what I get. I've gotten as low as 12. I don't know if its the age of the engine or what. I recently had the air filter and spark plugs changed. I really need to get the ball joints replaced so I can do an alignment. However I just can't seem to get my hands on a repair manual. Hopefully the one I ordered will be in by sunday. 3-5 business days my ass. Otherwise I mean I can't think of any other reasons the fuel mileage would be so bad. It doesn't pull at all so the need of an alignment isn't even very big. Hopefully I can make a decent amount of cash in the next couple of weeks because I'm gonna be doing a lot of driving in mid august and it would be nice to have a truck that runs good. I'm only 17 so cash is limited. Fuckin thing just keeps breakin on me. I want to do some after market stuff but I can't do that before I fix it. Well thanks for the help I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Yes, definately do the routine maintenance first and then worry about everything else as you can afford it. - The Preacher :jester:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts