Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be adding MSD's 6A, 8.5 wires, and cap(copper). :help: Is there any thing else I could add right away. Like maybe a Blaster coil(which one?)? Anything else you guy's come think of. For the ingnition, I know someone will come along and say 1.7 rockers, etc. That's in time.

·
Sideways on Sundays
8,064 Posts
Get the MSD Blaster coil that replaces your factory coil, & get the accel wiring harness. It'll make your install of the 6A much easier & you won't need to cut any of your original wiring.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Accell harness with an MSD? Why not just get a universal MSD harness to keep like items? I did, had it hooked up in less than 30 minutes (reading directions and drinking beer included in that time).

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
Jason said:
Im going to be adding MSD's 6A, 8.5 wires, and cap(copper). :help: Is there any thing else I could add right away. Like maybe a Blaster coil(which one?)? Anything else you guy's come think of. For the ingnition, I know someone will come along and say 1.7 rockers, etc. That's in time.
never tried the MSD copper cap... let us know how well it works.

you will need the MSD tach adapter, or you will get a CE light(soft code)

·
Sideways on Sundays
8,064 Posts
themongrel said:
Accell harness with an MSD? Why not just get a universal MSD harness to keep like items? I did, had it hooked up in less than 30 minutes (reading directions and drinking beer included in that time).
The accel "harness" I was talking about is just the 2 wire deal to plug into the blaster coil since the oem plug doesn't fit the blaster coil, at least on my 03'. And that's all I could find at the time (by no means am I a mechanic). But yeah, 30 min. with beer & instructions, me too! LOL! Very simple hook up.

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
same deal on my `99. simple two plug deal t othe coil and the factory wire plug. :banana2: :mullet:

·
I bleev u have mai staplr
3,954 Posts
I checked MSD'd site and couldnt find any coil for an OEM replacement, i think it only went up to 97??!! i wanted the Blaster SS coil, just wasnt sure if it would work.

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
boominkota318 said:
I checked MSD'd site and couldnt find any coil for an OEM replacement, i think it only went up to 97??!! i wanted the Blaster SS coil, just wasnt sure if it would work.
its the same one. kinda swuare lookin thing that bolts in teh original spot. the number for it is on www.socaldakota.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts