Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the best bang for the $$$ and how much better is the GSM over the PPH? Is it worth the price difference?

·
Speed Freak
269 Posts
The pph's are good headers and if you get them ceramic coatd, they are about the same as the gsm headers. check out gsm webpage for the dyno
chart of the jbs versus pphs versus gsms

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just got my PPH's of Sam at socaldakota.com. I had the headers and Y-pipe ceramacoated and i put a single 3"system to a flowmaster super 40 muffler exiting out the side in front of the rear tire. I originally had JBA ceramacoated headers on and they rusted and chipped so i put the manifolds back on then i got the PPH's. I have to say that the PPH's with the 3" single side exit with no cat has WAY more pull and power than the JBA's. I don't know about the GSmotorsports. They seem like a good design but the only place that ever see's flow from your heads is at the top. So the compensation for the GS to match up perfect isn't really necessary but it isn't a downfall either. If you have extreme mods like a 408, supercharger, huge shot of nitrous then i would go with the GS headers cause they will flow alot more exhaust than the PPH's. Just think of it as a pro stock drag car, they are using large displacement engines and making huge hp so they use large tube headers to accomidate the extra exhaust comming out and the better flow. It wouldn't make sense to put small tube headers on a large displacement engine. Another thing is i don't think the GS's will mat up to the stock Y-pipe. they are to long. Then you have to get the Y pipe that they make. The PPH's come with a Y-pipe. And if you get the PPH's get them from Sam at socaldakota.com. He has great prices, awsome guy to deal with and his ceramacoating is top of the line.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
GS has dyno data on their site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts