Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting one or the other and want to know what you guys think would be the best for my 99 dak r/t, advantages vs disadvantages etc. thanks

·
Speed Freak
269 Posts
I would go with the mopar pcm. You get better tuning then the superchips. I have the superchips on my truck and it helped a little bit but, i'm upgrading to a custom flash.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much does a custom flash cost?

I would like to go with the b&g flash but isn't it like between $500 and $600 bucks? I can get the mopar pcm for $335.

·
Speed Freak
269 Posts
The B&G flash i think is 430 shipped but ya might want to check on that. Thats the best for the money right now.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I'd go with the flash. I believe the tuners aren't "upgradable" correct? As in they only program one program, and that's what you work with correct?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
B&G flash puts your truck down for a week. I think you have to mail your pcm in. :huh:

·
Speed Freak
269 Posts
If you overnight it them you can probably get in back in 48 hours. just have them overnight it back.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
Do the B&G if you overnite it to them they will overnite it back to you! So your down time on your truck would be about 48hrs.

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
MoparREVolution said:
I'd go with the flash. I believe the tuners aren't "upgradable" correct? As in they only program one program, and that's what you work with correct?
i emailed both companies cause im having the same delema...which to buy? superchips says their product is upgradable but never responder to my other email yet...
hypertech never said anything about the upgradable question, but they said," The rev limiter is adjustable in 100 rpm increments in a 1000 rpm range up or down from stock. The stock speed limiter 98 mph is adjustable up to a max of 128 mph depending on the speed rating of the tires on the vehicle. We do not offer any transmission options on the Dodge vehicles. It has our Power Tuning for 87 or 93 octane fuel to increase power." my speed limited doesnt cut off at 98, more like 120 or so.
the only reason i wouldnt go with the B&G flash is that if for some stupid reason the dealer resets my computer without asking me, i'd be out the $400.
sounds to me that superchips might be a better buy.

·
Speed Freak
269 Posts
I have the superchips for my truck and to tell you the truth, i'm not very impressed. Thats why im gonna upgrade to a B&G flash. The superchips program isn't agressive enough to make much power. It's ok for now but, i want a better flash.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts