Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys and Gals, question here? Do you all think the M1 is a good choice? Do you lose your low end even with a custom flash? Feedback highly welcome, Thanks, Kevin :toast:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
M1

Hey thanks, Adam. Do you beleive you have lsot any low end torque? If so where have you made up the difference? Not everybody wants to run to 100mph. Let me know your feelings. Kevin :toast:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I intalled the M1 on my '01 Durango R/T last month to fix a blown plenum gasket. Figured I might as well go for the M1 so I'll never have to worry about that gasket again.

I did lose a bit of low end torque. I can really feel it kick in at about 3800 RPM and then my tranny shifts so I don't feel I'm getting the most out of it. I just ordered a Superchips programmer yesterday so I'm hoping it will let me get a bit more out of the M1 with a higher rev limiter.

I also have an IP Stage II air intake, Fastman 52mm TB, and 180 JET Stat.

·
'10 Camaro RS/SS
3,894 Posts
kmstanley said:
Hey thanks, Adam. Do you beleive you have lsot any low end torque? If so where have you made up the difference? Not everybody wants to run to 100mph. Let me know your feelings. Kevin :toast:
I lost virtually no low end torque, but I also put in a set of HS 1.7 RR at the same time I did the M-1, so I'm sure that helped to balance out some things.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
but don't ever forget that its torque that moves mass, hp is just a calculated comparison number....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts