Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the mopar cai kit from the dealer today, & I was wondering if anyone else has one and how they liked it. I didnt find one pop up on a search. I have a 03' Dakota Quad Cab with the 4.7 btw. It was definitely pricey compared to the aftermarket ones. I imagine it will perform the same as the aftermarket one, just have the mopar name on it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that will suck if it is a K & N rebadged, have to see I guess. Price I think is pretty much a rip off at $344, but I wanted to give it a try anyway. Should be in tomorrow or the next day. Coming form Warren, MI to Minnesota.
The part number is: P5007823, in case anyone needs it.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
load97 said:
Well that will suck if it is a K & N rebadged, have to see I guess. Price I think is pretty much a rip off at $344, but I wanted to give it a try anyway. Should be in tomorrow or the next day. Coming form Warren, MI to Minnesota.
The part number is: P5007823, in case anyone needs it.
OUCH,.... a little under 350 for and intake,.... kinda pricy.

I would have suggested the 360 intakez one for 180.

Paul

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was debating on a few of the aftermarket ones, then stumbled across the mopar one, and wanted to try out a factory CAI for once.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dealer called & said the intake came in today, so I will try and snap a few pics of it tonight possibly, & if someone can host them for others to view I will email the pics.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
if i remember correctly , the last time i looked at the dodge accessory site the cai`s were k&n.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pulled it out of the box and mocked it up. It is an AFE rebadged. I like the quality of the kit though, so Im happy. Have pics just in case anyone does want to see it up close.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I got mine from Chrysler in Minnesota and they sent me a K&N FIPK. It fit perfectly so I think Chrysler had a play in it, but it was K&N.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I got the Afe verison (same thing) for $260 for my 3.7.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dodge maybe drop one brand for the other, or is just whatever Dodge gets the best price margin they will take maybe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts