Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Dak. is throwing 3 codes, 1 = cyl 1 misfire, 2 = cyl 7 misfire, and 3 = random/ multi misfire. I dont know what is causing it. Changed plugs and wires about 2k ago and checked to see if I got spark and all is good. Changed cap and rotor 100 miles ago and it was happening before I changed that. Only thing I could think is bad injector. Any help would be great, thanks guys.

·
#19 ƃop ǝnןq ǝןʇ&#
13,196 Posts
Low fuel pressure, vacuum leak, I doubt 2 injectors would fail exactly the same time....bad O2 will sometimes cause this.....any number of things could be wrong....get someone with a scanner and look at data stream....don't go blindly throwing parts at it...will cost you more in the long run

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I think thats what were going to do. It starts to shake bad, lol.

·
Diesel Mechanic
898 Posts
the misfire is on the same side of the motor. the P0300 is because there is more then 1 misfire.

the 318 and 360 motors are known for bad heads which could cause this. try doing a compression test on those cylinder. then do a leak down test.

·
#19 ƃop ǝnןq ǝןʇ&#
13,196 Posts
Plugged cat will do this also...we had one where it affected all 4 cylinders on the same side.....just another option

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, thanks for the help guys. Its super annoying!

·
Registered
546 Posts
plugged cat? was that on a milti-cat setup or single? 97s only have one cat as far as I know.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I think a leaking plemum under the intake can also cause misfires since it would suck up a bunch of oil. but usually more random than 2 specific cylinders.

Has the ignition coil ever been replaced?

·
#19 ƃop ǝnןq ǝןʇ&#
13,196 Posts
I think a leaking plemum under the intake can also cause misfires since it would suck up a bunch of oil. but usually more random than 2 specific cylinders.

Has the ignition coil ever been replaced?
Leaking gasket under the plenum would suck air causing a lean condition, and a misfire.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i would pull your spark plugs and take a look for a lean condition, or oil soaked plug. This will give you a direction to start heading. If you suspect a leaky intake,.. try spraying some starting fluid around the intake and see if the idle picks up. This will let you know its a intake problem.,.. get a scanner and read live data,.. this will be the best way to know what direction to go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Plugged cat will do this also...we had one where it affected all 4 cylinders on the same side.....just another option
would this cause the truck to start hard and run like shit? im thinkin a plugged cat is my problem too but i dont want to just start throwin money i dont have into a new exhaust if it isnt. PM me if you think you can help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts