Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the Calvu mirrors? I have the big ugly 6x9 mirrors on my R/T & want to put something more sporty, but the Calvu which appear the most stylish look very small. I was wondering how practical they are used on a daily basis? Also, would the new, ie. 2003 R/T mirrors fit on a 99?
Thank you

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
i have apc sport mirrors. they are almost the same size as the 5x7 mirrors and look pretty good IMO. the viewing area on them is a tear drop kind of shape and takes a little bit of getting used to but the viewing area is quite nice. i have also heard of them being referred to as the M3 style mirrors for our trucks.

troy b.

·
'10 Camaro RS/SS
3,894 Posts
I have a pair of the 5x7 Sport Mirrors (Manual, not powered) I am looking to sell really cheap. These came off my 2000 Dodge Dakota and are in perfect condition and will fit the 97-00 model Dakotas. $40.00 plus shipping and they're yours.

You can email me at [email protected] if you're interested or have any further questions.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I have the Street Scene Calvu Mirrors. They are really nice mirrors too. But I wish I would've just painted my factory mirrors instead because I would've saved $250 for these new mirrors. Don't get me wrong, these do look 100% better than the factory ones did, but it doesn't bother me the way the factory ones looked.

Here's some pictures

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you 00RedRT, but mine are power & I kind of like that feature. Thank you fatmat789 for the pics. I also have the blue R/T so that shows me what mine would look like.
I appreciate it ya'll

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
HOW MUCH DID IT COST YOU TO HAVE YOUR DOOR HANDLES PAINTED TAIL GATE HANDLE MIRRORS AND THE TWO PIECES ON THE CAB? WHERE CAN YOU HAVE IT DONE AT JUST ANY PLACE THAT PAINTS CARS. :confused:

·
'10 Camaro RS/SS
3,894 Posts
Yup, just take your parts off your truck that you want painted and any good body shop can do it for. Your paint code can be found near the striker bar inside the driver's door when opened.

I had my mirrors, door handles, tail gate handle, roof joint molding, roll pan and wiper cowl all painted red to match my truck. It looks a lot sportier this way and really turns heads!

You can see pics of my truck at www.madrt.com/darren.html

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
How does that work I mean My trucks tof plastic handels and they are not smooth at all.

But anyway if thats how your was how do you take the handle off?

(I'm not Adam just a diffrent person who is looking for this solution. But crazy side fact my name is Adam too its weird that were looking for the same thing.)

·
'10 Camaro RS/SS
3,894 Posts
Your local body shop will sand the handles smooth, then apply a primer that will make them very smooth and the paint will adhere to them perfectly! They look and feel like they came from the factory already painted...awesome!!

I have some pages scanned in from my service manual that describes how to remove each of these items. They are incredibly easy to remove and to put back on! Send me an email at [email protected] and I can send you those pages if you're interested!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts