Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Dakota Quad Cab Motorsports Edition, and want to lower it, but just slightly. In lieu of some of the aftermarket kits, I was considering simply replacing my springs and shocks with those from an R/T version. My questions relate to: 1) How easy is this (I can do basic mechanical work); 2) Will it be effective; and 3) What is a source of parts to do this, other than a dealer?

Thanks for the information to a new member.

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
heck yea that will work...dont go to the dealer though..there are guys on here that sell their stock susp...a shade tree mech can do it themslelf...its not hard at all...and welcome to the site...

S

·
0 Posts
ibj40 said:
I have a 2001 Dakota Quad Cab Motorsports Edition, and want to lower it, but just slightly. In lieu of some of the aftermarket kits, I was considering simply replacing my springs and shocks with those from an R/T version. My questions relate to: 1) How easy is this (I can do basic mechanical work); 2) Will it be effective; and 3) What is a source of parts to do this, other than a dealer?

Thanks for the information to a new member.
Yes, you can do it because I did it to my 02 club cab. You'll need jack stands, a good jack, air compressor, impact wrench, a lot of break-free and band-aids. And if you've got a good freind who doesn't mind getting dirty get them to help. I did the rear springs myself, but paid someone to do the front and realign it. SinCityR/T has a complete set of R/T suspension (front springs, rear leafs, shocks, front and rear sways and all hardware) for sale for like $275 I think. Thats a pretty good price. I paid $150 for just the springs and leafs 2 years ago. Send him an PM and see if he still has them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts