Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm new here and just wanted to drop in and say hey. I'm looking at a 2000 Durango SLT (4.7ltr) and had a couple quick questions. I also posted this on another forum as well, so sorry if you're reading it twice...

I believe the ball joints were replaced through the recall and the PCM had something repgrammed from an EGR recall.

- Were ALL Durangos affected through the ball joint recall or just certain VINs/ build dates?

The Durango I'm looking at has the tiny 15" wheels. If I researched this correctly, stock they came with 15", 16" AND 17"? ..or was it just 15" and 16".
If I were to look for some OEM tires with rims (preferrably the 17"), are they hard to come by on here? I know on the Grand Prix forum I'm on, there's an over-abundance of OEM parts. Would these be rare or hard to come by?
- What other vehicles share the same wheels... just the Dakota?

Are there any major issues as these vehicles get over 100k? I'm primarily getting this as a second vehicle/ winter vehicle. I ran a diagnostics check on the truck and it never threw a code, there are NO leaks what-so-ever and all the fluids looked, smelled (and tasted) perfect. I believe this is a solid truck, but I don't know if there's anything that normally just.. goes.

Sorry I have so many questions, but I'm new in this area. I've had my head stuck up my ass for the past few years with GM and I'm ready for another type of domestic vehicle ;)

Thanks in advance!!!

Matt

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wont be able to answer all your questions, but I have a 2001 SLT+ 4X4 and I had the ball joints replaced on mine by a Dodge dealership. You can check to see if yours have been replaced. Take a look at them and if they are bolted on then they have been replaced. If they are riveted on, then they haven't. Also the recall only was for the upper ball joints. I don't believe the lower ones were affected, if it was for both, they only changed my upper ones and I got screwed. That's about all I can tell ya, I have some other problems with mine, but it's due to other reasons. I think you'll be happy with it. If your planning on using it snow I would go with a 4X4. Good luck

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, that's useful info.

For the wheels, the Durango uses the same ones as the '97-'04 Dakota, correct? ... just so I can expand my search a little : )

Thanks again. I can't wait to get this!!
Great forum too by the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.