Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read something about this a while ago. It says to drill out the brass inserts and adjust it to .75 volts or somthing like that. Anyone done that? If so what does it help do and can i do it to my 02 R/T ? PIC's and alot of info would be great thanks :help:

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
Buster said:
Read something about this a while ago. It says to drill out the brass inserts and adjust it to .75 volts or somthing like that. Anyone done that? If so what does it help do and can i do it to my 02 R/T ? PIC's and alot of info would be great thanks :help:
this helps to make throttle responce crisper. dont go over .08 volts, your trip a code. i had mine set at .77 on my ram. was nice. ony thing i suggest is to not drill out the brass inserts entirely. once you do that the housing gets a little weak, and tends to move a little if its not tightened up enough. ream these inserts out a little. this will take some time, as if it gets hung up the whole inert will spin in there. get some metric dril bits, and go slow in reaming it out. only need a little bit of clearance to get you whee you want to be.

did you check it at it stock setting yet? see what it is first though.
:biggthump

·
2000 6.7 R/T
371 Posts
Its not worth it. Mine is set at .75 and that with the brass inserts still in there. Just loosen the bolts up, twist the sensor clock wise. Holding the sensor from moving tighten down the bolts and your set. If you drill out the inserts you can get into a number of problems like the sensor loosening and the computer going into Limp mode till you fix it. (Known from past experience with one of my Rams) :biggthump

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
If you are over .55v I wouldn't worry about it. If necessary, elongate the holes with a dremel type tool so as to allow clockwise rotation. If you choose the drill out the bushing just use a suitable washer under the screw.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
when i did my last dak i thought u had to drill the brass sleeve out?
but like n56629 said, if ya have any problems just use a suitable washer to take up the slack. worked for me and never had a prob on my `02.

·
Registered
69 Posts
does anyone have a before and after picture of what you did to the sensor?

-Cody-

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow!
Thank you for the very quick response and the great hyperlink. It was very helpful. I plan on doing it as soon as I get my hands on my friends Digital Volt Meter. Thanks again.
-Cody-

M

·
0 Posts
I heard that your PCM will readjust back to where it wants it.

Fact or fiction?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts