Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, As you know from other posts I need to fix a cheap ball joint flip drop job. Any links and suggestions do "Do it right" would be awesome. This is going on a 98 Rango 4x4.

J

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cant we jut remove all of the old jacked-up crap and install a proper lowering kit?

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
sure. why not? kinda depends on how hacked up the first job was. if they fubar'd any parts that are NOT in the standard drop kit, then you'll need to fix or replace them.

pics would be nice...

·
Registered
613 Posts
For ppl to help, they need to know what's done to it. Hence the request for pics. Post pics, and ppl here will help you out and tell you where to start, etc. :mullet:

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Can't make any of it out :jester:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Can you remove a wheel, then take a pic of the inside around the knuckle area?

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
i r confuddled.:huh:

looks like the thingamobob goes to the dohicky that connects to that thing on the right thats welded to the thing on the left.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We took the wheel off, looks the same as OEM setup. I will have to get this thing on a lift. If we were to replace the current setup what kits are out there for JUST the front and are for 4wd?

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
We took the wheel off, looks the same as OEM setup. I will have to get this thing on a lift. If we were to replace the current setup what kits are out there for JUST the front and are for 4wd?
NONE. basicly just the torsion bars. what they prolly did was take the stock ball joints and flip them. can be done easily and give like 2 inches of drop plus the torsion bars=like 5-6 inches tops.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NONE. basicly just the torsion bars. what they prolly did was take the stock ball joints and flip them. can be done easily and give like 2 inches of drop plus the torsion bars=like 5-6 inches tops.
That is what it looks like. So taking that and running with it, how do we swap it to make it properly lowered? We will buy the kit, just need the proper info.

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
Nothing to buy, just fix your ball joints and lower with your torsion bars.

·
Registered
613 Posts
That's only for the rear.......won't help with your problems up front...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts