Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sup peeps,

this is whats goin on i really dont wanna put fog lights in my truck, but im really getting tired of those two holes in my lower bumper. I was thinking about putting some homemade diamond style grill inserts in those holes put i really dont wanna chip the paint and i dont know of anywhere that will custom cut something to fit in those holes. Ne-Ways you guys have any suggestions.

"Under 20' you ridin natural, I'm on 24's" B.G

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
beeharp2001 said:
Sup peeps,

this is whats goin on i really dont wanna put fog lights in my truck, but im really getting tired of those two holes in my lower bumper. I was thinking about putting some homemade diamond style grill inserts in those holes put i really dont wanna chip the paint and i dont know of anywhere that will custom cut something to fit in those holes. Ne-Ways you guys have any suggestions.

Have you thought about taking it to a body shop and having them fill in those fog light holes for you?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WicKed R/T said:
I'd say just go to Hope Depot and pick up some gutter guard material and shape them the way you want with some metal shears.

I was thinking that too Wicked, but will it damage my paint, is it held on by clips, or do i have to drill, what?

"Under 20's you ridin natural, I'm on 24's" Juvy

S

·
0 Posts
fog light holes

I would say put in the fog lights cause it look way better .... but the option is obviously up to you.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
I don't think it will look good with inserts in there. Just kinda cheap if you ask me. But hey.. my opinion.

This is what I would do if I didn't want fog lights... and I didn't want those holes there. I would get a complete front valance from someone that does. Because... for someone that wants fog lights... they have the valance with it filled in like you would want. Thats what I would do.

Paul

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
If I were you, I would make the two fog light holes into air intake tubes, and feed them into your air hat, or get some kind of air intake assembly. Or, you could get a custom made cold air intake system that uses both of the holes. Just my suggestion.

Either that, or order a lower valence or bumper cover without for light holes.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WicKed R/T said:
just one question to ask.......why dont you want to put fog lights on?

it's seems as if everyone around here wants to chage 350+ to put my fog light assembly in and im not trying to spend that cash right nom. i juss got the truck 2 monthes ago and the engine is 3.9 stock i put 20's on and crystal clear headlights on, 40 series flow exhaust, minor paint work, K&n intake system, minor pain work (did it myself) all in the matter of 2 monthes and my CC's (credit cards) are to the max and i dont wanna buy a new bumper or put in fog lights at least not right now. i dont know i guess i will just have to wait to the fall to do that, cuzz i still gotta put my sound system in and get my street scene grills, but thanx for the suggestions

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
No offense dude, but you asked us for suggestions, and now you are gettin flamed. Chill out bro. Do what you want. If you wanna put some grilles in there go ahead.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CYCLONE_06 said:
No offense dude, but you asked us for suggestions, and now you are gettin flamed. Chill out bro. Do what you want. If you wanna put some grilles in there go ahead.

~CYCLONE_06

naw i wasn't rippin ya'll i'm juss a lil pissed that everyone around here wants to take advantage cuzz people got money i mean thats crazy to charge 350+ to put in a fog light assembly (too me at least). like a man wanted to charge me 350 to paint my tono cover at maaco :finger: (dats nuts)

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
naw i wasn't rippin ya'll i'm juss a lil pissed that everyone around here wants to take advantage cuzz people got money i mean thats crazy to charge 350+ to put in a fog light assembly (too me at least). like a man wanted to charge me 350 to paint my tono cover at maaco (dats nuts)
At that price, i wouldnt want to put fog lights in either. Have you ever tried looking for a dakota or durango in a junkyard that has fog lights and just rip out the mounting bracket? I'm not too familiar with the foglight stuff, my truck came with them. :huh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts