Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you guys think i will be able to beat a 2000 celica? its 1.8L inline4, CAI, exaust.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
IT depends

It depends on you and the driver your truck. Your truck is only as fast as you are. Cause I race a V-8 thunderbird and he only had 20 feet on me. But I have a Durango all I have is a cold air intake. Since you have a dakota I would think so. But like I said it's on the drivers. If you know how to race and he don't then yeah but if he does then you might have some compentionsion;)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[64] dude you should be able to beat him. ive raced a couple gts'sand ther're never any comp, so smoke'em if you got em :evil:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wh00t i beat him twice! the first time i just left it in drive, launched at about 1500 RPM, the second time i put it in second to get higher RPM before i put it in drive. :woot: :woot:

·
Registered
115 Posts
I wouldn't suggests putting it in neutral reving the engine high then dropping it into drive.......tears your tranny apart!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no thats not what i did, besides thats alot slower than leaving it in drive. this is what i did.

first time: put it in drive, held brake, revved to ~1500RPM, let off brake and floored it when matt dropped arms

second time: put it in 2nd, held brake, revved to ~1500RPM, let off brake and floored it, shifted into drive when RPM's got high.

there is that more clear? sorry if there was some confusion, it was like 2:30 in the morning:eek:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Typical Ricer... looks fast and goes slow. We have several of those in Oklahoma. What you gotta watch out for around here is the guys with the souped up 4wd and the deisels. That sounds funny but its the truth. Friends gotta V10 excursion 4wd with a blower on it thats runnin a 14.3 and its funnier than crap slidin down the side of a buildin when he beats a ricer at a light. :slap:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay I can't say crap anymore... I got beat by an '02 Celica GT. Thought it was just stock. I was horribly wrong. Pulled up to a light and here is the newer red Celica with the factory body mouldings, no graphix, stock looking muffler, and a set of 17" rims. Thinkin okay stocker with rims. Right before the light turns green I look over at the guy and he's smilin so I smile too. Then I see these 2 puffs of white come out of the hood. The light turns green and he's gone... no wheel spin just gone. I'm left at the light doing the phatest burnout my truck can do. He pulls into a parking lot so I pull in too. He gets out laughing and said, "Boy, you didn't stand a chance but that was one hell of a burnout!" He pops the hood on his car and mind you this doesn't look anything like a ricer on the outside or interior. He had sunk about 10 g's under the hood putting a T-86 turbo, a direct port NX system in it with a purge and bottle warmers, and he had his laptop hooked up. He told me he ran an 11.3 at ThunderValley here in Oklahoma last weekend. I just kinda stared lookin dumbfounded and thinkin damn im glad that was my truck I raced him with instead of my old stang. Cuz my excuse for losing its well a truck.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Damn dude that sucks. Yeah there are a few sleepers out there. I know we have a few in town here in Ohio and they are quick as fuck with the whole outside looking stock. It's a pisser when you think you can take them.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah it was rather disheartning... just glad I didn't have my girl with me. I know that I can take a stock Celica GT... bout the only imports that give me fits is the Subaru WRX and that new Mitsu Evolution.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The Evo and WRX are both very quick cars for being stock. The WRX with it's all wheel drive tears up the road real nicely. Both cars are very nice when modded correctly.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
to hell with it man, how many times in your life are you going to pull up next to an 11sec car, and race it. thats racin sometimes you win and sometimes you get imbarresed. :rolleyes:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh there are plenty of opportunities around here for 10 and 11 second races. All the kids around here have early to mid 90's 5.0 mustangs seriously worked over. There are a several ricers but none that can get into the 15's even. There are only 2 that I know of, one is that Celica and then a guy has a twin turbo Rx-7 thats runnin in the 10's. There are a couple of seriously bad trucks around here too. But for the most part the ricers and imports suck. Those guys are all show and definetly no go.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
SSRage said:
funnier than crap slidin down the side of a buildin
That is one of the funiest lines I have ever heard o this site. I was laughing so hard I started to attract attention in my office. :jester:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Damn Goons! You must be bored. I posted that over a year ago. Back when I had a Stang and a girlfriend. Thank God and Greyhound she's gone! Sold the Stang. Bought a house. Nice trade!

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Yeah i spend more time reading old thereads than actually working at work these days. Really guys I am NOT a loser. The Thrills and Kills really crack me up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts