Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really thinking about just leaving it all behind. I don't have a plan forward.

MBA:
- Fall semester teacher gave me a C (79.18) because I missed two class periods (flu). Since I didn't see the doctor he doesn't believe me. Total shit. Out of the total 600 points in the course, I need 5 to get up to an 80% and a B. (FYI C is not good enough in the MBA program and requires retaking the course). He docked me 25 points for missing those 2 days.
-Also just found out (from me calling) that I do not meet all the pre-requisites to BE in the MBA program because 7 years ago I got a C in Calculus (need a B again). I submitted that transcript to the college over 3 months ago, and they never told me shit. So now that classes have already started, I just found out that I need to take CALC! Goddamnit! I'm going to fail that shit horridly.

Work:
- Tasked with cleaning up old Non Federal money from the past 12 years. Yea, and they need it in 3 weeks. It's over 70 program codes, and I have to track down the old sponsors, etc. This is shit. Plus one of our coworkers left, and her work is being shoveled on my shoulders. I can't see straight. (Yes, I am taking a break to vent...)

Life:
-Sister, Her boyfriend, and their 6 month old child just moved back in with my parents. Totally uncool! I was going a little bit crazy living with them, but I was doing it so I could pay off Undergrad student debt faster. I don't know if I can handle all these people. Which in turn means I need to find a place that'll let me have my dog (60+ Heeler mix). In Los Alamos there are 3 landlords for 95% of the rentals, and none of them allow dogs. Leaving me looking for a house. I cannot find anyone renting a room, and I have no friends to 'room with' (They are ALL married and own houses now). I won't even get into the girlfriend thing..

FML:wah:

·
Gen I FTW
6,010 Posts
MBA, work, life. look at it this way, bad things happen in 3's. you're in the clear now.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Gotta relax......worrying and freaking out isn't going to help much - take one thing at a time. Don't throw it all away - you think your worried and pissed of now, think about how pissed off your going to be if you just go hide in the corner now? I am just an outsider looking in, and my opinion might not mean shit, but sit down, make a plan of attack and follow through. There was a point where I had quit college to work, got laid off after that and my wife was pregnant with our first child. I thought the world was going to end. We made it through - tough going, but made out just fine. One step at a time dude, one step at a time.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sounds like "Life" to me! Not trying to be a dick, but dealing with stuff like this is just part of living life. Go spend a day working in a homeless shelter. Visit an amputee ward in a VA hospital. Go see how others are living, your situation might not seem so bad.

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll never claim I have it 'bad'. Just saying I dislike what I do have.
I might have found out SOME good news in regards to the MBA ordeal. Need to go into work tomorrow and check my email. Also need to call the Dean.

Things on the home and work front... well. I have a roof over my head and food in my belly. Oh, and a job to go to.

·
Swap Meet Moderator
74,416 Posts
Damn dude that sucks on the Calc ...hope you don't have to take it.. I just found out I am at my limit for loans for a BA .. so I have to front the bill for the last 9 credits and just paid $1000 for my last core class... good thing I have the money LOL

Keep on plugging along man get MBA and move out here! lol

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
You need to burn one, good as new. Eventually the whole country will realize.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts