Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you out there have or had MB Motoring rims from tires.com? If so, how is the finish? Do they seem to hold up pretty well? I'm concerned about buying some because they seem too affordable, know what I mean?

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
SeanDak said:
How many of you out there have or had MB Motoring rims from tires.com? If so, how is the finish? Do they seem to hold up pretty well? I'm concerned about buying some because they seem too affordable, know what I mean?

Those wheels are really good for the price and as a Ex Discount Tire employee from what we saw they hold up real well and can compare to the quaity of American Racing and American Eagle wheels. They are made for only discount tire as far as I know, that could have canged since I last worked there. But really good buy for the money man... :biggthump

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
SeanDak said:
I had 18" Smooths on the '01 R/T and now have 20" Cannons on the '03 R/T, both sets of wheels are very nice. The smooths were a bit more work to keep up with the polish, but the Cannons have a light clear coat over a machined finish which has been extremely easy to maintain thus far.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My next question. In your opinions, what do you think of 18's or 20's on a 4x4? The few pics I have seen here look pretty good. I mainly use the 4wd in the winter, therefore the stock 16's will be back on in the crappy weather.

·
Registered
250 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
i believe they offered them in both pollished and chromed or plated... if i had it to do over i think i would have gut the chromed because im too damn lazy to re-polish mine.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
SeanDak said:
My next question. In your opinions, what do you think of 18's or 20's on a 4x4? The few pics I have seen here look pretty good. I mainly use the 4wd in the winter, therefore the stock 16's will be back on in the crappy weather.
I recently saw a 4x4 QC Dakota with 20's on it and I don't think it looked very good, the lower-profile tires looked really goofy with the large wheel gap. I think 18's or even 17's would be the biggest anyone with a 4x4 should go if you are going to remain stock height or higher.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was what I was thinking. I will probably go with 18's and a good all-terrain tire. I just don't know what size.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts