Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Dodge Dakota Sport
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my stock airbox with a airaid dryflow filter and the cold air tube in place of the rubber flap like most. I was wondering if the stock box would benefit from l less volume. I would think less volume would mean more velocity but idk. Ive seen people cut all the ribs out of the box but what if you could fill the deeper part of the box. Maybe use spray foam, sand then smooth it out. I made a quick plastic filler today out of boredom. Let me know what yall think about the foam idea.

·
Registered
1988 Dodge Dakota LWB RC 3.9V6 3 speed auto
1,469 Posts
You can try that, but one thing the current design does is allow dust to settle down and out of the filter; your block will keep that from happening.

I'd leave it alone - don't know why you're worried about the airbox itself; as long as it's not restrictive, it doesn't matter too much at that far from the motor.

RwP

·
Registered
1999 Dodge Dakota Sport
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really worried about anything just have time due to covid. Just thinking bout stuff out of boredom. Just seemed like if the the air acually was directed toward the filter it might be more efficient. Wasnt sure of the reason the stock box is so deep but that makes sense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts